House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Nationwide June 17 Predictions

Nah, they can't risk the warm feelings their new advertising campaign promotes, especially with the parental support pyramid scheme they've got going.

43 minutes ago, ARENAPUA said:

Don't get it - makes no sense, doesn't feel right.

I'm sorry but it's quite simple: nobody outside this website believes that house prices can - or should - fall :(

6 minutes ago, btd1981 said:

I'm sorry but it's quite simple: nobody outside this website believes that house prices can - or should - fall :(

This 

Even a tiny decrease in prices increasing brings out headlines of negativity ..the housemarket is the economy and it cant be allowed to fail at all costs

Look what happens when u print 100bn and lower irs . 

Government has opened the immigration flood gates and promised to fund them. 

Guess what's coming next...

We are being robbed.these people aren't running a country they're running a slave colony.

Who knows what the end game will be now

32 minutes ago, Bhoy said:

Yeh the crash isn't going to happen is it. 

Yes it will.

S24 won't show its teeth until 2020/21, the next interest rate movement will be up, earnings are lagging inflation.

A regional upward blip in 2017 is neither here nor there in the scheme of things. By the end of 2020 it'll be crystal clear that nominal house prices are materially and inexorably heading down.

1 minute ago, silver surfer said:

Yes it will.

S24 won't show its teeth until 2020/21, the next interest rate movement will be up, earnings are lagging inflation.

A regional upward blip in 2017 is neither here nor there in the scheme of things. By the end of 2020 it'll be crystal clear that nominal house prices are materially and inexorably heading down.

There will be 3million EU immigrants flooding in, getting benefits and paying crazy rents using housing benefit...The criminals in power must think they can keep this going forever.

So much for May and her hard brexit, its a total ####### lie imho..the Tories and bankers must have worked out quickly how to profit from the EU ref result, boost immigration/slaves/benefits for the poor which goes to them/house prices so put their remain stooge in power to enact their plan. 

I am ashamed to be British, what a bunch of lilly livered sicophantic weak greedy easily controlled sheep we really are.

Sentiment is important too, My accountant was considering BTL at Christmas. Last week he told me the housing market is starting to tank. Whatever people out there start thinking perpetuates the inevitable.

1 hour ago, Lavalas said:

I'm afraid I can't wait until 2020/21

Your money, your choice.

But I knew plenty of people who bought immediately prior to the 1989/95 crash and then found themselves hogtied by debt and negative equity, plus they had the sobering experience of seeing others of their peers, ones who were slightly later to the market, buying much better properties at much lower prices only a few years later.

None of us can see the future but my guess is anyone buying today, or in the next year or two, will then face a regretful decade ruing their decision.

Edited by silver surfer

58 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

There will be 3million EU immigrants flooding in, getting benefits and paying crazy rents using housing benefit.

Maybe, maybe not.

The net immigration figures are already dropping and many EU immigrants are reported to be considering a move back home or onto a different EU country. As the pound declines it makes British wages less and less attractive compared to Dutch or German wages.

If the EU economy outperforms the UK economy over the next few years (and that'd be my guess) then there's every chance we'll see an exodus rather than an influx.

9 minutes ago, silver surfer said:

Your money, your choice.

But I knew plenty of people who bought immediately prior to the 1989/95 crash and then found themselves hogtied by debt and negative equity, plus they had the sobering experience of seeing others of their peers, ones who were slightly later to the market, buying much better properties at much lower prices only a few years later.

None of us can see the future but my guess is anyone buying today, or in the next year or two, will then face a regretful decade ruing their decision.

Well yeah, I agree and am very much aware of the dangers. Life, unfortunately, also moves on at pace.

With all the HTB 20% being used, does anyone really think the gov will let prices drop? Its a chance for them to make some £££ with rises.

I am losing patients now and have been thinking about jumping in on the HTB 20%, if prices do fall then the silver lining is paying less back to the gov which would offset some of the blow.

1 minute ago, Scramz said:

With all the HTB 20% being used, does anyone really think the gov will let prices drop? Its a chance for them to make some £££ with rises.

I am losing patients now and have been thinking about jumping in on the HTB 20%, if prices do fall then the silver lining is paying less back to the gov which would offset some of the blow.

*patience

3 hours ago, btd1981 said:

Yup, this forum is consistently wrong.

We don't like admitting it and we'd rather make up stuff about some evil plot by "the powers that be" but the simple truth is that QE, low interest rates, BTL, a shortage of housing, and human greed, have produced this mess. 

The only hope for a rapid decline in prices (i.e., an actual crash) is a catastrophic Brexit or a Corbyn government.

1 hour ago, wsn03 said:

Sentiment is important too, My accountant was considering BTL at Christmas. Last week he told me the housing market is starting to tank. Whatever people out there start thinking perpetuates the inevitable.

I agree about the key thing- sentiment. A home removals company in Belfast has told me they have had mostly cancellations recently due to chains falling through. Word always starts to spread.