House Price Crash Forum

Amnesty for fire tower block illegals, says Mayor

juvenal

2 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

If they do a tenant amnesty it should only be on the proviso that they shop in their subletting LL. I want to see these scumbags prosecuted if nothing else.

There needs to be a clamp down on council tenants subletting......living elsewhere and profiting from social housing they used to frequent.....lets hope they do not have the cheek to put themselves in the new replacement housing queue.;)

How many very much alive (and living elsewhere) tenants are now wondering how to explain the dead bodies in their flat ?

A lot of them will be on the list of presumed dead.

If this is the case, it's no wonder the council is struggling to get a handle on things.

Edited by opt_out

Link for population rise - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/22/uk-population-shows-sharpest-rise-almost-70-years : it's the sharpest rise for 70 years.

Totally unsustainable. And then people wonder why the NHS is under strain, schools are full etc etc.

This either stops very soon, or the country is totally lost. Some would argue that it's too late already.

I just voted in the ES poll on the page linked to by the OP and there was a clear majority (64%) against an amnesty.  Good. 

If there are unexplained dead bodies they'll have to try to identify them by other means eg dental records/DNA etc

2 minutes ago, interestrateripoff said:

Just staggering. 

It remains a mystery why the Prime Minister has recommitted her party to reduce net migration to the tens of thousands a year. She didn’t need to make this politically rash and economically illiterate move. She was not the author of the pledge; David Cameron made it in opposition.

She knows better than almost anyone that net migration — the number of people arriving, minus the number leaving — is not in the gift of government, subject as it is to the vagaries of the world economy. Moreover, this target has a perverse incentive, in that the more people you persuade to emigrate from the UK, the more likely you are to hit it. 

So you would assume that Mrs May would jump at the chance to bury the pledge. That’s what her Cabinet assumed; none of its senior members supports the pledge in private and all would be glad to see the back of something that has caused the Conservative Party such public grief. 

But no. Mrs May has kept digging. So, how to achieve this reduction? Brexiteers suggested leaving the EU would keep foreigners out. They never explained that of the net migration figure last year of 273,000, 164,000 people came from outside the EU. As David Willetts pointed out here yesterday, we already have levers to reduce their numbers, but have sensibly not pulled them. 

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/evening-standard-comment-it-s-time-to-scrap-the-tory-migration-cap-a3541346.html

I don't think the Government should have a target either a) they should say no one will get benefits or be allowed to stay here if the break the law.  Which will please both sides as the pro immigration people think that all immigrants are wonderful and so will not be harmed

or

b') say to the people you decide, you vote on how many homes should be built in your area and we will try to get to the total.  The pro immigration areas will be able to pay the price in housing etc.

To get a sucessfull prosecution it needs to meet both the evidential and the public interest criteria.  In this case it can be strongly argued it does not meet the public interest.

However there was a man interviewed on tv on the lower floors who  is a drug dealer and pimp who appears to of been subletting a flat.  He has a history of sueing the police and will most likely try to sue the council if he can

5 hours ago, Errol said:

Link for population rise - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/22/uk-population-shows-sharpest-rise-almost-70-years : it's the sharpest rise for 70 years.

Totally unsustainable. And then people wonder why the NHS is under strain, schools are full etc etc.

This either stops very soon, or the country is totally lost. Some would argue that it's too late already.

"....According to a recent UN study, populations in Europe are expected to inexorably decline without large-scale immigration, due to fertility rates in all European countries languishing below replacement level.

Eastern Europe is likely to be particularly badly affected, with numbers expected to fall by more than 15% in Bulgaria, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Moldova, Romania, Serbia and Ukraine...."

Our lords and masters can't (or most likely won't) put 2+2 together can they? You can't breed unless you've got somewhere to put your kids!!!!

Alternatively, empty another country or two into yours and/or get people in who don't mind squeezing five in a room. *****s.

There's going to be carnage when people really start fighting for resources - I hope the elites get caught right in the middle.

Edited by Maynardgravy

2 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I'd be very careful what you say on this topic, this site is notorious for being pc and banning people.

Fwiw I have steered clear of mentioning any of the residents  in any of my posts, but the comments on residents  generally  go uncensured in anycase. However, because I had the temerity to mention that I didn't think certain non residents and politicians had exactly covered themselves in glory re. jumping on the political bandwagon I get half the forum on my back....popgun in particular. 

The mob sticking it into certain other politicians and kids on parent's backs addressing Sadiq Khan in a sarcy voice, ' I can't hear you'.  all very depressing stuff and before the Grenfell Tower victims have even been buried and the facts known.

Anyway I have probably really done it now. Popgun ?

Edited by crashmonitor