House Price Crash Forum

The bears are well fed in Oxford..

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Oxfordshire well, many a night in the late 90's cowley road currry king rubbing shoulders with radiohead and supergrass, and numerous talentless posers. I even worked for the oxford mail advertising sales briefly, thick as shite total psycopaths, hated it. (no reference required thanks)

In reality a local town for local people only, except most locals can't even afford to buy a flat there.  Even back in the day most home ownerhip among my peers who got hooked up with a girlfriend early was those little flats and 2 bed starters in Carterton.  

Witney, Eynsham, Minster lovell, Wychwoods rural areas all quite nice if you have the dollar. Good luck.

n.  

Witney, Eynsham, Minster lovell, Wychwoods rural areas all quite nice if you have the dollar. Good luck.

Extremely poor transport links though! And not much in the way of large shops, you will have to travel for decent clothing or anything big or expensive.

Our search has started to take in the Cumnor Hill side of town. Some decent looking 2 bed terraces in Denton and Stubble Close. Similar price to Blackbird too. Opinions?

much much better, low crime and generally nice area.  You can cycle into town in 15 mins.

Hmm, my feeling too. Makes me wonder why it's priced similarly to areas with less 'cachet'. Am I missing something?

Not really - traditionally Botley has not had any cachet, it's not fashionable like east or north Oxford.  Good area though, relatively safe and still decent-ish prices for a 1930's semi.  The only issue is the botley road, in that traffic is bad, but you can easily cycle down it in 10 mins if you're working in town.