House Price Crash Forum

Theresa May on housing: "It is about keeping the schemes going..."

HOLA441

Just now in the Commons, May has confirmed that the answer to the housing crisis and the problem of the young not being able to afford homes is, as well as building more homes, a question of "keeping the schemes going".

She mentioned help to buy and shared ownership.

So that's your answer as to what they'll do.

First Carney confirms no interest rate rise. Now May confirms keep the props going. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Just now, Democorruptcy said:

Who did the tax payers vote for in the GE that gives you that idea?

Pretty much a 50% split between the haves/have nots, Leave/Remain.

We are living in a divided country.

I wonder why TPTB divide the people of the UK whilst printing money for the rich and using immigration to keep their asset prices up.  I just cant work out what they are up to ::lol: lol: lol: lol: 

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
23 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I asked about the GE not the EU Ref

I know, that's what I replied on.

The UK is divded, I suspect intentionally.  It's the classic establishment technique.  We're all to busy fighting amongst ourselves to see who/what the real problem is.

They are covering up their low IRs/Inflationary/Money printing crime IMHO and it's working !!!!!!!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
13 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I know, that's what I replied on.

The UK is divded, I suspect intentionally.  It's the classic establishment technique.  We're all to busy fighting amongst ourselves to see who/what the real problem is.

They are covering up their low IRs/Inflationary/Money printing crime IMHO and it's working !!!!!!!

Must admit I'm still confused. You said "they agree on supporting their own house prices/investments with tax payers cash. Judging on GE result and the EU Ref the tax payers have other ideas". The thing is I didn't see anyone to vote for to change things in the GE. Are you pinning your hopes for change on Labour?

In their manifesto they wanted the Help to Buy Bail Banks scheme to be extended to 2027

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/16/labour-manifesto-jeremy-corbyns-key-policies-for-general-election-2017-6628153/

Their Shadow Chancellor wants our council taxes leveraged up for cheap mortgages for sub prime borrowers that banks won't lend to:

McDonnell said he wanted to see councils following the example of Manchester, Sandwell in the West Midlands and Warrington in Cheshire by offering cheap, local authority-backed mortgages to first-time buyers in particular.

“With too many first-time buyers excluded from the housing market by high street banks, we’ll be looking at ways to securely expand local authority mortgage lending,” he will say.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/21/labour--councils-help-first-time-buyers-mortgages-john-mcdonnell

HOLA4415
18 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Must admit I'm still confused. You said "they agree on supporting their own house prices/investments with tax payers cash. Judging on GE result and the EU Ref the tax payers have other ideas". The thing is I didn't see anyone to vote for to change things in the GE. Are you pinning your hopes for change on Labour?

I'm confused myself now.

The young people started voting for Lasbour in the hope of getting change.

I';m pretty sure the Labour MPs all welcome the ongoing tax payers support of their own over priced assets and dont give a hoot about the young.

The young are waking up though and the status quo cannot continue, TPTB I am sure have other ideas tho, they wont listen till it's too late I think

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4416

Firstly, hopefully low rates will blow up in their faces, it certainly doesn't seem very clever ten years on from the financial crisis.

Secondly those HTB loans are going to start cancelling themselves out soon as early adopters have to fund them.

I have the feeling that they have run out of ammo. 

HOLA4417
7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'm confused myself now.

I';m pretty sure the Labour MPs all welcome the ongoing tax payers support of their own over priced assets and dont give a hoot about the young.

The young are waking up though and the status quo cannot continue, TPTB I am sure have other ideas tho, they wont listen till it's too late I think

I think the young must have been duped voting Labour.

Their only hope is forming a new "Future Party" to gain power and clean up our democorruptcy. No policies that don't favour their grandchildren so politicians look further ahead, right to recall, more severe punishments for thieving politicians et al, no party donors, no cushy consultancies after political office, more referendums,  etc. etc.

HOLA4418
7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'm confused myself now.

I think the whole situation is unwinnable by all concerned, the voters don't know what they want , the choices they have are probably unacceptable to the majority.

The people who need money from the state are at some point soon going outnumber those who don't and they will all vote for the magic money tree. The thing is the magic tree will die pretty quickly and then they will vote to steel money from those who pay their taxes.

HOLA4419
6 minutes ago, frederico said:

Firstly, hopefully low rates will blow up in their faces, it certainly doesn't seem very clever ten years on from the financial crisis.

Secondly those HTB loans are going to start cancelling themselves out soon as early adopters have to fund them.

I have the feeling that they have run out of ammo. 

The recent falls would confirm that.  This is despite a £100Bn low interest rate giveaway post BrExit Bonanza...and still prices fall.

I suspect the removal off HTB2 and the hammering of BTL is having a desirable effect

HOLA4420
3 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Their only hope is forming a new "Future Party" to gain power and clean up our democorruptcy. No policies that don't favour their grandchildren so politicians look further ahead, right to recall, more severe punishments for thieving politicians et al, no party donors, no cushy consultancies after political office, more referendums,  etc. etc.

+1

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
42 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Appears to me that the young usually miss the point, they get agitated about the irrelevant to them and are docile or complicit in those issues injurious to them.

HOLA4423
13 minutes ago, nome said:

Continuing HPI at the expense of every other aspect of the economy really is the only agenda for all politicians and parties.

That's not exactly working out is it.

The Torys know exactly what the problem is and I suspect they are ready to deal with it.

This is straight from the tory inner circle

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/18/william-hague-attacks-bank-of-england-over-ultra-low-interest-rates

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4424
2 hours ago, Si1 said:

...She probably doesn't care about whatever social justice agenda she previously had.

Never existed beyond focus group driven propaganda, took in a lot of people... implemented nothing, job done.

Conservatives are “the party of the workers” remember that bull$hit? Put some JAM on it.

HOLA4425