Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Tempus

Theresa May on housing: "It is about keeping the schemes going..."

Recommended Posts

Just now in the Commons, May has confirmed that the answer to the housing crisis and the problem of the young not being able to afford homes is, as well as building more homes, a question of "keeping the schemes going".

She mentioned help to buy and shared ownership.

So that's your answer as to what they'll do.

First Carney confirms no interest rate rise. Now May confirms keep the props going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's saying anything that she thinks will buy her time with her own MPs and other parties. She probably doesn't care about whatever social justice agenda she previously had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

Sadly it is the only thing that all MPs agree on.

No! I won't have that.

They all agree on wage/pension rises for MPs as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

Sadly it is the only thing that all MPs agree on.

....they agree on supporting their own house prices/investments with tax payers cash.

 

Judging on GE result and the EU Ref the tax payers have other ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

....they agree on supporting their own house prices/investments with tax payers cash.

 

Judging on GE result and the EU Ref the tax payers have other ideas.

Who did the tax payers vote for in the GE that gives you that idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Democorruptcy said:

Who did the tax payers vote for in the GE that gives you that idea?

Pretty much a 50% split between the haves/have nots, Leave/Remain.

We are living in a divided country.

I wonder why TPTB divide the people of the UK whilst printing money for the rich and using immigration to keep their asset prices up.  I just cant work out what they are up to ::lol: lol: lol: lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I asked about the GE not the EU Ref

I know, that's what I replied on.

The UK is divded, I suspect intentionally.  It's the classic establishment technique.  We're all to busy fighting amongst ourselves to see who/what the real problem is.

They are covering up their low IRs/Inflationary/Money printing crime IMHO and it's working !!!!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I know, that's what I replied on.

The UK is divded, I suspect intentionally.  It's the classic establishment technique.  We're all to busy fighting amongst ourselves to see who/what the real problem is.

They are covering up their low IRs/Inflationary/Money printing crime IMHO and it's working !!!!!!!

 

Must admit I'm still confused. You said "they agree on supporting their own house prices/investments with tax payers cash. Judging on GE result and the EU Ref the tax payers have other ideas". The thing is I didn't see anyone to vote for to change things in the GE. Are you pinning your hopes for change on Labour?

In their manifesto they wanted the Help to Buy Bail Banks scheme to be extended to 2027

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/16/labour-manifesto-jeremy-corbyns-key-policies-for-general-election-2017-6628153/

Their Shadow Chancellor wants our council taxes leveraged up for cheap mortgages for sub prime borrowers that banks won't lend to:

Quote

 

McDonnell said he wanted to see councils following the example of Manchester, Sandwell in the West Midlands and Warrington in Cheshire by offering cheap, local authority-backed mortgages to first-time buyers in particular.

“With too many first-time buyers excluded from the housing market by high street banks, we’ll be looking at ways to securely expand local authority mortgage lending,” he will say.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/21/labour--councils-help-first-time-buyers-mortgages-john-mcdonnell

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Must admit I'm still confused. You said "they agree on supporting their own house prices/investments with tax payers cash. Judging on GE result and the EU Ref the tax payers have other ideas". The thing is I didn't see anyone to vote for to change things in the GE. Are you pinning your hopes for change on Labour?

 

I'm confused myself now.

The young people started voting for Lasbour in the hope of getting change.

I';m pretty sure the Labour MPs all welcome the ongoing tax payers support of their own over priced assets and dont give a hoot about the young.

The young are waking up though and the status quo cannot continue, TPTB I am sure have other ideas tho, they wont listen till it's too late I think

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly, hopefully low rates will blow up in their faces, it certainly doesn't seem very clever ten years on from the financial crisis.

Secondly those HTB loans are going to start cancelling themselves out soon as early adopters have to fund them.

I have the feeling that they have run out of ammo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'm confused myself now.

The young people started voting for Lasbour in the hope of getting change.

I';m pretty sure the Labour MPs all welcome the ongoing tax payers support of their own over priced assets and dont give a hoot about the young.

The young are waking up though and the status quo cannot continue, TPTB I am sure have other ideas tho, they wont listen till it's too late I think

I think the young must have been duped voting Labour.

Their only hope is forming a new "Future Party" to gain power and clean up our democorruptcy. No policies that don't favour their grandchildren so politicians look further ahead, right to recall, more severe punishments for thieving politicians et al, no party donors, no cushy consultancies after political office, more referendums,  etc. etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'm confused myself now.

The young people started voting for Lasbour in the hope of getting change.

I';m pretty sure the Labour MPs all welcome the ongoing tax payers support of their own over priced assets and dont give a hoot about the young.

The young are waking up though and the status quo cannot continue, TPTB I am sure have other ideas tho, they wont listen till it's too late I think

I think the whole situation is unwinnable by all concerned, the voters don't know what they want , the choices they have are probably unacceptable to the majority.

The people who need money from the state are at some point soon going outnumber those who don't and they will all vote for the magic money tree. The thing is the magic tree will die pretty quickly and then they will vote to steel money from those who pay their taxes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, frederico said:

Firstly, hopefully low rates will blow up in their faces, it certainly doesn't seem very clever ten years on from the financial crisis.

Secondly those HTB loans are going to start cancelling themselves out soon as early adopters have to fund them.

I have the feeling that they have run out of ammo. 

The recent falls would confirm that.  This is despite a £100Bn low interest rate giveaway post BrExit Bonanza...and still prices fall.

 

I suspect the removal off HTB2 and the hammering of BTL is having a desirable effect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I think the young must have been duped voting Labour.

Their only hope is forming a new "Future Party" to gain power and clean up our democorruptcy. No policies that don't favour their grandchildren so politicians look further ahead, right to recall, more severe punishments for thieving politicians et al, no party donors, no cushy consultancies after political office, more referendums,  etc. etc.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep even Corbyn has talked about state backed (provided?) mortgages.

 

Continuing HPI at the expense of every other aspect of the economy really is the only agenda for all politicians and parties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I think the young must have been duped voting Labour.

Their only hope is forming a new "Future Party" to gain power and clean up our democorruptcy. No policies that don't favour their grandchildren so politicians look further ahead, right to recall, more severe punishments for thieving politicians et al, no party donors, no cushy consultancies after political office, more referendums,  etc. etc.

Appears to me that the young usually miss the point, they get agitated about the irrelevant to them and are docile or complicit in those issues injurious to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nome said:

Continuing HPI at the expense of every other aspect of the economy really is the only agenda for all politicians and parties.

That's not exactly working out is it.

The Torys know exactly what the problem is and I suspect they are ready to deal with it.

This is straight from the tory inner circle

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/18/william-hague-attacks-bank-of-england-over-ultra-low-interest-rates

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Si1 said:

...She probably doesn't care about whatever social justice agenda she previously had.

Never existed beyond focus group driven propaganda, took in a lot of people... implemented nothing, job done.

Conservatives are “the party of the workers” remember that bull$hit? Put some JAM on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The illusive conundrum for the tory`s, how can we quash the anger of the have nots without quashing the paper success of the have`s .

It`s a mighty taught tight rope. 

How about some HTB that never needs to be paid back ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   29 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.