House Price Crash Forum

Luxury Block Acquired for Grenfell Residents

rantnrave

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Will the luxuty residents be enacting their Right To Buy next year :lol:

The government really havent thought this out.

Young british people stuck in their parents houses while immigrants ( and we've all seen them on TV ) get treated like lords.

Jeese, i';m out, I am paying for the loonies running this country any longer.

I thought that .. or perhaps they will just let the expensive flat out, and move out to somewhere cheaper.

Also isn't this appeasement a fire-hazard; wont it just encourage a load of fire-starters.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Why bother working if you are young. white, British, single, male, you get nothing.

Its actually worse than getting nothing. Part of what you work for is taken from you and given to people who do nothing.

We all know this happens with UK born bludgers - and has for years. And that is bad enough. Its infuriating.

However people who aren't even from here ? My word. That's a whole new level. Our successive Governments appear to be actually in cahoots to lead the UK down a path of complete self destruction. Very strange.

the 'independent' was reporting that the British taxpayer are on the hook for 2bn over this.

It is very sad for the 'legitimate tenants' who have lost their homes and they should be rehoused but to my mind it should be Kand C council should pay for it out of their council tax take - I am still incensed that a band F there pays LESS council tax than I do in rural Herefordshire for a 2 bedroom cottage (nice place to live though) with none of the facilities londoners get (such as freedom pass etc)

current reporting seems to be that the city of london will pay.  I hope that is the case - London is richer by far than most of the rest of the UK

Edited by olliegog
f

26 minutes ago, ccc said:

However people who aren't even from here ? My word. That's a whole new level. Our successive Governments appear to be actually in cahoots to lead the UK down a path of complete self destruction. Very strange.

I presume they will be checking full passports, visas, paperwork. Anyone who is an illegal alien should be shipped out immediately. No reason for them to be here.

Its not going to become a precedent, people on council waiting lists will stay on them and there will still be homelessness on our streets...many of them natives who can trace their family line back through centuries of living in the UK...also many who have served for decades in HM forces and now find themselves at the wrong end of trendy liberal snob/fascist street.

This is just a one off panic reaction to get those people settled back in their area and make it all go away.

The owner of the building will have been given the wink for preferential treatment on planning permission etc in the near future...or suchlike.

Everybodys happy!

Cue the virtue advertising on the TV amongst the "educated" liberal classes.

Any of us minions who question why a bunch of foreigners are being re-housed in such an area will be labeled as the usual and familiar "ists" or "phobes" that have worked so well at keeping us all quiet in the past.

I come from a long line of Londoners and am totally priced out and would love to live in Kensington.

3 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

Its not going to become a precedent, people on council waiting lists will stay on them and there will still be homelessness on our streets...many of them natives who can trace their family line back through centuries of living in the UK...also many who have served for decades in HM forces and now find themselves at the wrong end of trendy liberal snob/fascist street.

This is just a one off panic reaction to get those people settled back in their area and make it all go away.

The owner of the building will have been given the wink for preferential treatment on planning permission etc in the near future...or suchlike.

Everybodys happy!

Cue the virtue advertising on the TV amongst the "educated" liberal classes.

Any of us minions who question why a bunch of foreigners are being re-housed in such an area will be labeled as the usual and familiar "ists" or "phobes" that have worked so well at keeping us all quiet in the past.

I come from a long line of Londoners and am totally priced out and would love to live in Kensington.

Don't worry... I suspect that there will be plenty of deals being done like this in the Battersea area in the next two or three years...

4 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

It's a political move to get the hear off an already burdened Tory minority government.

I suspect if May had her 70+ majority these peopel would be moving to Falkirk

Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Doubt it...any how I'm off to the shed to nail together my "Heath Robbinson" time machine, then I can go back to the 1940's and tell both of my Grandfathers not to bother fighting because either way we lose.

1 hour ago, Sour Mash said:

Considering how xenophobic and racist England is supposed to be, isn't it strange that so many immigrants are drawn to London? 

London is the bit of England that isn't xenophobic. Because historically it's had a high rate of immigrants.

Oh and it's surrounded by the four of the five busiest airports in the UK.

11 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

It's a political move to get the hear off an already burdened Tory minority government.

I suspect you are bang on the money.

This is a desperate attempt to diffuse the crapstorm that May has walked into post-election and get horror stories about Grenfell House out of the news. She was given 10 days by the Tory power brokers.

I like how this turned into a "foreigners" thing when 99% of those tenants are probably British - with the odd refugee here and there.

It's even funnier that you refuse to acknowledge the real problem - the fact that there is such a thing as a "council tenant" while people who work have to find their own accommodation, compete with others and pay rent out of their own pocket.

Nobody finds it strange that working people pay for their own house (rented or bought) and then they also pay (via taxes) for the house of someone who doesn't work and likely won't work. Instead, you've all identified the problem: bloody foreigners.

You deserve what you got.

Call me cynical, but could this be the 1%'ers / old boy network (Corp. of London) , throwing a bribe to the victims of this disaster.

Perhaps the UK's financial sector. think if it drags on,  it could bring down the business friendly Tory Gov. & be very bad for business if Labour /coalition get in.

Worse case scenario, it could be the trigger for rioting & general instability in what may make an economic downturn much worse (for the financial sector )    

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

4 minutes ago, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Call me cynical, but could this be the 1%'ers / old boy network (Corp. of London) , throwing a bribe to the victims of this disaster.

Perhaps the UK's financial sector. think if it drags on,  it could bring down the business friendly Tory Gov. & be very bad for business if Labour /coalition get in.

Worse case scenario, it could be the trigger for rioting & general instasbility in what may make an economic downturn much worse    

Lets face it...Torys buy flats from Torys at insane bubble prices...it's hardly a win for you and I.

Who do you think has done best out of this deal ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

5 minutes ago, flb said:

Nobody finds it strange that working people pay for their own house (rented or bought) and then they also pay (via taxes) for the house of someone who doesn't work and likely won't work.

Council tenants have pretty good rights and they get decent service for what they (ahem) pay in rent. But similar rights for private tenants!? No chance! And no one seems to think it's strange... or care.

4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'd suggest the block of flats is no longer luxury :lol: 

Maybe they#'d be happy to house all the British young people in such places ?

maybe not luxury any more,but the right thing to do under the circumstances.

• Guest locked this topic