House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Luxury Block Acquired for Grenfell Residents

Breaking news

Sixty-eight apartments in luxury block near site of Grenfell Tower acquired to house fire survivors, government says

Edited by rantnrave

Just now, honkydonkey said:

Sold by the developer at cost which puts the cost of each flat @ £147,058

I came to that figure but then read this:

Two bedroom flats are currently being advertised for up to £2.4 million, meaning the overall cost could run to tens of millions.

A big difference between 10 mill and 10's of mills :lol:

Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'd suggest the block of flats is no longer luxury :lol: 

Maybe they#'d be happy to house all the British young people in such places ?

What ? You mean like British folk who have been on London housing waiting lists for years already with no luck ?

Are you insane !! That's what a sane organised country would do. We however - live in the UK of 2017.

3 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I came to that figure but then read this:

A big difference between 10 mill and 10's of mills :lol:

Yeah rather contradictory really. You can imagine it's likely to cost the taxpayers more than they're letting on.

Imagine having bought one of those flats, will be interesting to see how people react. I wouldn't be happy about someone getting one for nothing and I don't even live there.

Edited by honkydonkey

2 minutes ago, ccc said:

What ? You mean like British folk who have been on London housing waiting lists for years already with no luck ?

Are you insane !! That's what a sane organised country would do. We however - live in the UK of 2017.

You can see exactly why the trouble is going to come.

8 minutes ago, maverick73 said:

That's a nice gesture for those who lost a place to live.

And the British people who are homeless, when do they get their flat ?

Just now, honkydonkey said:

Yeah rather contradictory really. You can imagine it's likely to cost the taxpayers more than their letting on.

Imagine having bought one of those flats, will be interesting to see how people react. I wouldn't be happy about someone getting one for nothing and I don't even live there.

I could see something like this happening. Obviously it will be portrayed as some cut price bargain but it's just another property industry bail out using our taxes.

Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

And the British people who are homeless, when do they get their flat ?

When they damn well pull their fingers out, borrow as much as possible, use every prop and subsidy available and buy one. LOL.

Just now, Democorruptcy said:

I could see something like this happening. Obviously it will be portrayed as some cut price bargain but it's just another property industry bail out using our taxes.

Yeah I did see that and thought, they wouldn't...would they?

1 minute ago, honkydonkey said:

Yeah I did see that and thought, they wouldn't...would they?

Well they must have at least 68 Tory voters from it but if they had already used the 10's of millions to build more council houses, they would have been Labour voters!

5 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

You can see exactly why the trouble is going to come.

Oh yes. Its going to get very nasty indeed.

4 minutes ago, honkydonkey said:

When they damn well pull their fingers out, borrow as much as possible, use every prop and subsidy available and buy one. LOL.

:lol::lol:

Yip, the clever british pay through the nose for pwopatee and the idiot foreigners get it for free.

Who's the idiot.

1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Why bother working if you are young. white, British, single, male, you get nothing.

The contented feeling of helping those less fortunate than ourselves is reward enough.

On the human side the towering inferno is a tragedy on the other side so is the over taxation of the British people to give immigrants a new start in life.

The people being rehoused are very lucky and good luck to them.  They are not the problem, the people in Westminster making the rules  very much are.

They seem not to care for the British, it is very odd

12 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Immigrants up and down the country will be setting fire to their apartment blocks so they can live in luxury, meanwhile white British peolpe taxed to the hilt to pay for them. :lol: 

Every family on a council house waiting list for ages, should go form an orderly queue at their council. The governbankment money taps have been turned on.  

Not getting into the rights and wrongs of this but whatever your view of that it's going to be an interesting social experiment. I would love to see a fly on the wall documentary about how it goes...

And I bet the flats in the building actually have smaller floor areas than the ones in Grenfell house.

2 minutes ago, fru-gal said:

Wonder if this will set a precedent for every council tenant that has been made homeless through no fault of their own?

Quite.  Surely they should be at the front of that luxuty queue ?

At least the government will have done their bit to get the land registry index up this month :lol:

I feel for the people in that tower block but the British system of governance is quite clearly in disarray, this disarray can be connected to THEIR housing bubble and the bankers

1 minute ago, fru-gal said:

Wonder if this will set a precedent for every council tenant that has been made homeless through no fault of their own?

Well if the governbankment can afford to do it in Kensington, it will be a lot cheaper to house people in luxury flats in Leeds, Birmingham, Manchester, etc