House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sledgehead

Vehicle Rams Pedestrians at Finsbury Park

police describing as "major incident" on Seven Sisters. Roads around F'bury Pk station closed. Number of casualties. 1 arrested. CPR reported by an on-looker resident. At least 15 police cars in attendance.

44 minutes ago, reddog said:

A few people have been called mad on here, for suggesting a low level civil war could start in Britain.

You seem to be forgetting that an MP was assassinated last year for her beliefs and the country didn't collapse into disorder.

There simply aren't enough people around (on either side) who feel strongly enough and are committed to have anything approaching a civil war.

When I take to the streets with my kids am far more worried about people over 70 with vision / cognition problems driving than I am about religious nutters.

1 hour ago, reddog said:

A few people have been called mad on here, for suggesting a low level civil war could start in Britain.

That's what the establishment wants as it will give them more excuses for new draconian police state powers.

'Divide and conquer' is and has always been the number one strategy by those in power.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/finsbury-park-mosque-attack-latest-theresa-may-internet-crackdown-justification-terrorism-web-a7797281.html

Theresa May has said the Finsbury Park mosque attack justifies her plan to impose a raft of regulations on the internet.

The Prime Minister was speaking outside 10 Downing Street after a white van ploughed into Muslim worshippers following prayers at the north London mosque, leaving one dead and 10 injured.

"This Government will act to stamp out extremist and hateful ideology, both across society and on the internet," she said.

8 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

...and this thread is locked in 5...4...3..2...

In that case I'd better jump in and say this is starting to look to me like nothing more than a simple RTA, possibly involving a drunk driver.

Everything else is hysteria.

37 minutes ago, Goat said:

In that case I'd better jump in and say this is starting to look to me like nothing more than a simple RTA, possibly involving a drunk driver.

Everything else is hysteria.

With mental health problems?

On a serious note this appears to have been an attempt at mass murder, hope all the injured make a full recovery, nobody wants to see this. 

1 hour ago, Freeholder said:

With mental health problems?

On a serious note this appears to have been an attempt at mass murder, hope all the injured make a full recovery, nobody wants to see this. 

Another attempt at mass murder in Paris this afternoon....

4 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Another attempt at mass murder in Paris this afternoon....

A ritual human sacrifice in honour of the new king of France Macron who now can rule (on behalf of his masters the Rothchild banksters) with absolute majority.

I can remember my dad talking about Birmingham pub bombings. He use to go to brum on nights out but that stopped it was to much hassle.  Said for weeks after it was bash a paddy week.

What rips my knitting is all the praise for the crowd not beating him to death. Even the police commended them for their restraint.

If a van rammed into a bunch of people coming out of a church, it would be no surprise whatsoever if they restrained the driver and called the police. Nobody would praise their "restraint", it's just the right thing to do.

By going out of their way to say "Well done for not behaving like savages" the media are actually being racist and holding Muslims to a lesser standard.

10 hours ago, geezer466 said:

What rips my knitting is all the praise for the crowd not beating him to death. Even the police commended them for their restraint.

If a van rammed into a bunch of people coming out of a church, it would be no surprise whatsoever if they restrained the driver and called the police. Nobody would praise their "restraint", it's just the right thing to do.

By going out of their way to say "Well done for not behaving like savages" the media are actually being racist and holding Muslims to a lesser standard.

I agree, I thought it was pretty bizarre actually. I think it says more about "unwritten" perceptions than it does about the restraint shown...that it was very newsworthy.

11 hours ago, geezer466 said:

thought exactly the same. would have been interesting to see plods response if they had hung him from a lamp post

I find it interesting, we have had 3 attempted attacks in the last 2 days (London, Paris, Brussels), yet we are now at the point where these stories are not the main headline!