House Price Crash Forum

Emergency house seizure law

HOLA441

Well there you go.

There maybe "Savy" investors who want to get out, but finding it hard to get a buyer for their over priced investment, which is due to a price correction. 

Maybe Mr Corbyn is unwittingly going to help them out. 

HOLA442

Corbyn is working the crowd..

There is zero chance of this happening. This is agitprop nothing more.

Corbyn is hoping the revolutionaries will take to the streets when the Government (as they must do) resist this happening and sweep him to power 1917 style.

No one, of course, thinks of the thousands of people already on the K&C council waiting lists and why should they?

They are not up in arms demanding stuff at the threat of riot.

HOLA443
1 hour ago, winkie said:

Undoing bad policies by taking it back or taking it over is wrong.....they are saying about 100 housing units need to be found locally......I am sure the richest borough in the country could build or buy up what is required to supply what is required at affordable rents..... encourage it, provide for it......average income £130k, median income in area £32k......many earn more, many more earn less.;)

Where are they saying 100 units needed? Do you have a link?

HOLA444
54 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

No, I expect British people to be doing it, paid a wage where they can afford to live/commute/be houses etc.

If the immigrants can do it, so can the several million unemployed British.

The immigration is not providing an underclass, it's providing a conduit for the rich to rob the poor

Couldn't agree more. We need a reset in where we are in this country . Normal people should not have cleaners, they should wash their own cars, cut their own lawns,maintain their own properties and most importantly look after their own kids . Cheap labour has made the british person lazy and with a sense of entitlement .

Many people will pay a cleaner 9ph and in reality they will be netting less than this ph. But hey they are a success , have their own dogsbody and have time to watch towie .

Apologies to people without cars, lawns ,property and kids but you get my drift.

HOLA445
2 hours ago, CunningPlan said:

Where are they saying 100 units needed? Do you have a link?

I found 10-100 times that many by looking on Rightmove. 

Part of this is just a reprise of the housing shortage myth.

There's plenty of available housing in London.

Oh, also, there's no legal problem with seizing homes the government does it all the time: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminent_domain

Edited by DrBuyToLeech

HOLA446
HOLA447
8 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

No, I expect British people to be doing it, paid a wage where they can afford to live/commute/be houses etc.

If the immigrants can do it, so can the several million unemployed British.

The immigration is not providing an underclass, it's providing a conduit for the rich to rob the poor

What you expect and what you get are two different issues.....of course we want all people to have work, and the work that they do pays a wage that requires no extra  benefits in the place where they live, no rent subsidies, no child subsidies, no extra credits to top up wages to a local living wage.......the primary beneficiaries from state benefits are those that make from the needs and wants of others, the agents, intermediaries and the rent collectors......immigration has a big benefit to some but not all.....very many recent immigrants want a reduction to high immigration because new immigration is a threat to their own growth and progress.;)

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
3 hours ago, Roman Roady said:

The idea that my investment can be requisitioned...to house the natives of all things...tip of the iceberg.

Cash can be requisitioned

Permanently

It's called taxation law or banking bailouts - ask anyone in Cyprus

London is still pretty rock solid , although I'll admit sentiment. Is everything

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
23 hours ago, chicker said:

Couldn't agree more. We need a reset in where we are in this country . Normal people should not have cleaners, they should wash their own cars, cut their own lawns,maintain their own properties and most importantly look after their own kids . Cheap labour has made the british person lazy and with a sense of entitlement .

Many people will pay a cleaner 9ph and in reality they will be netting less than this ph. But hey they are a success , have their own dogsbody and have time to watch towie .

Apologies to people without cars, lawns ,property and kids but you get my drift.

Car owners standing around, watching the hand car washers wash their car is my pet hate....they might as well do it themselves

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA4413