House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reddog

If Jeremy Corbyn were ever elected would Tony Blair be put on trial for war crimes?

As per title.

Corbyn potential being elected brings up all sorts of questions.

If I were Blair, I would be looking into the possibility of moving to another country. (That's not a joke)

On the face of it I think it unlikely. But Corbyn is at heart a revolutionary, and if he thinks putting Blair on trial and chucking him in porridge will help rally "the people" behind his cause, I think he would be fairly ruthless and do it.

But Blair would be out of the country by then. And we would probably be in the middle of a civil war so no one would notice. 

If Jeremy Corbyn becomes PM I think it'll be a lot more people than Tony Blair who will be looking to move to another country (that's not a joke either).

10 minutes ago, Orsino said:

If Jeremy Corbyn becomes PM I think it'll be a lot more people than Tony Blair who will be looking to move to another country (that's not a joke either).

There will be a lot of people happy to see the back of those folk if they do move out.

48 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

There will be a lot of people happy to see the back of those folk if they do move out.

The people moving out will be the ones who want to avoid a civil war i.e. Anyone who can..

2 hours ago, thisisthisitmaybe said:

On the face of it I think it unlikely. But Corbyn is at heart a revolutionary, and if he thinks putting Blair on trial and chucking him in porridge will help rally "the people" behind his cause, I think he would be fairly ruthless and do it.

But Blair would be out of the country by then. And we would probably be in the middle of a civil war so no one would notice. 

to be honest I could sort of see it happening.

Tony blair is basically moseley-style fascist and corbyn is die in the wool commie...the two ends of the spectrum really don't see eye to eye...even though they are both collectivist at heart.....blairs sort of collectivism is openly more hierachical and authoritarian, corbyn's is proles revolutionary.

On 17/06/2017 at 6:40 PM, Funn3r said:

Maybe some of them will be your employer........  :o

Be careful what you wish for..

19 minutes ago, geezer466 said:

Maybe some of them will be your employer........  :o

Be careful what you wish for..

My employer is based in a non-EU country and I work for their UK subsidiary, which is the largest subsidiary we have in the EU. Prior to the Brexit vote our CEO met with George Osborne to explain that he (our CEO) would really very much prefer the UK not to leave the EU.

After the referendum went the wrong way they immediately started to run down the UK business in favour of expanding operations in EMEIA. We now have some shiny new premises in Holland and Poland, the budgets for our existing businesses in 20-odd other EU countries have been increased, and a large number (more than 1000) of UK jobs have already gone. Although not mine yet.

So I was careful what I wished for but my wish was not granted, basically thanks to the knuckle-dragging "immigrants out" brigade.

3 hours ago, Funn3r said:

... a large number (more than 1000) of UK jobs have already gone. ...

Hurry up and lose another 4000, or Jag/LR will have trouble recruiting the 5k they want.

Just now, Sledgehead said:

Hurry up and lose another 4000, or Jag/LR will have trouble recruiting the 5k they want.

Easy for you to be chirpy mate when it's not your job. At least one leaving do every week just from my own local office.