House Price Crash Forum

How did the BBC comments section become like the Daily Mail?

lombardo

HOLA441
HOLA442

When, how long ago, was it "not like that"?  As far as I recall, even years ago there was plenty of it.

Might as well ask why the Indy's comments sections are regular SJW-fests.  People tend to sort themselves out into their echo chambers over time.  But I'd suggest more think in a stereotypically DM way than a stereotypically Indy way.

• 1 month later...
HOLA443

Kinda OT but I used to think BBC was left wing biased. I was sure that comments from the left about it being right wing were just attempts to muddy the waters and give BBC journos the cover to say "see, we are criticised by both sides!" But it is becoming clear that the BBC has a very specific bias. It is socially liberal, and economically establishment/prevailing orthodoxy. God journalists are such a slimy lot in general.

HOLA444
On 17/06/2017 at 0:03 AM, lombardo said:

Have you noticed how right wing the public comments section on the BBC website is? Some time ago it wasn't like that. How did it happen?

Just the previously silent majority now speaking out after years of having to suffer nonsense from the left and, more recently, their alt-left friends.

There will be no return to the old 'normal'. The people are angry. Brexit and Trump were just the beginning.

HOLA445
21 hours ago, Errol said:

Just the previously silent majority now speaking out after years of having to suffer nonsense from the left and, more recently, their alt-left friends.

The poor souls. Being told what to do by regular people (that's what you mean by alt-left correct?) must be insufferable.

It was all... "don't castrate gay people" this and "let black people vote" that. Enough to drive anyone to drastic action suffering under such authoritarian views.

Edited by dugsbody

HOLA446
On 20/06/2017 at 10:02 AM, Qetesuesi said:

People tend to sort themselves out into their echo chambers over time.

And this is a good point. Indy, Guardian and the media which attract the youth (e.g. Vox) tend to be left-wing in the comments. DM, the express etc tend to be right-wing in the comments. But the poster below you has a point,: The BBC are not right-wing. So how did that become a nest for right-wingers?

I never remember it being like that. I think it grew after Brexit. The just decided to be more active there.