House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikhail Liebenstein

Manslaughter - Corporate exists, but what about Political

So talk has been rising about identifying targets for Corporate Manslaughter charges from the Grenfell Tower fire.

My question is should we have an offence of Political Manslaughter,  e.g. If MP's or Councillor take deliberate policy decision contrary to sensible health and safety needs because of some personal bias, such as also being a private landlord voting against legislation forcing landlord to offer accommodation fit for human habitation? 

Oh give it a rest. The flats are still smoldering, the investigation hasn't even begun and some people have already decided it's the evil Tories what done it. This is hot on the heels of Corbyn suggesting that the London Bridge attack was somehow linked to cuts in police funding. I think the speed at which senior Labour figures have tried to harness these tragedies for political ends is nothing short of disgusting. People (including politicians and private landlords) are held accountable under the law and if they are found to have broken the law then they should be punished. 

30 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

So talk has been rising about identifying targets for Corporate Manslaughter charges from the Grenfell Tower fire.

My question is should we have an offence of Political Manslaughter,  e.g. If MP's or Councillor take deliberate policy decision contrary to sensible health and safety needs because of some personal bias, such as also being a private landlord voting against legislation forcing landlord to offer accommodation fit for human habitation? 

You're not going to like the answer

They're immune under the doctrine of parliamentary privilege And they're never going to vote that one away

On the radio they were saying a public inquiry could take years and recommendations made.

What needs to happen is a full inquest, that all people who have information and facts can be involved to find out the truth about how this awful tragedy happened and to stop it ever happening again.....should never have happened........how many people are missing?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquests_in_England_and_Wales

12 hours ago, knock out johnny said:

You're not going to like the answer

They're immune under the doctrine of parliamentary privilege And they're never going to vote that one away

They tried to use that with the expenses scandal :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, longgone said:

They tried to use that with the expenses scandal :rolleyes:

Parliamentary privilege covers actions such as debate in the chamber and votes on bills

It does not extend to filling in expenses forms

6 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

Parliamentary privilege covers actions such as debate in the chamber and votes on bills

It does not extend to filling in expenses forms

even when they were claiming expenses on mortgages that did not exist :lol:.

On 2017-6-15 at 9:50 PM, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Tony Blair would be in jail for the next ten thousand years if that law was put on the statute books.

On 6/15/2017 at 9:50 PM, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

No way this would ever happen. Tony Blair would need to be locked up for a million years!

12 hours ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

Tony Blair would be in jail for the next ten thousand years if that law was put on the statute books.

31 minutes ago, fru-gal said:

No way this would ever happen. Tony Blair would need to be locked up for a million years!

There was that episode of Dr Who (last series I think) where he was imprisoned for a Billion Years and had to continuously  starting his escape again whilst he punched his way out through a several feet thick crystal wall.

May be that is what Blair deserves.

49 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

There was that episode of Dr Who (last series I think) where he was imprisoned for a Billion Years and had to continuously  starting his escape again whilst he punched his way out through a several feet thick crystal wall.

May be that is what Blair deserves.

How many houses does Blair have? I think he could offer to house some of the homeless, after all he is a man of God (Catholic) :unsure:.

On 17/06/2017 at 2:27 PM, fru-gal said:

How many houses does Blair have? I think he could offer to house some of the homeless, after all he is a man of God (Catholic) :unsure:.

Very funny, if Blair worships anything then it can only be Satan.

I would imagine that as many councils are set up as corporate entities, a manslaughter charge might work against them.