House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
?...!

The Magic Formula

This is for the 50 year scale so will NOT get you rich fast

OK here it is...

y = (100 + (x * A) + (B*(Sin(C*x))) + Rnd

100 is an arbitrary value

A = Long term economic growth factor (derived from long term growth)

?...! says: This may go negative for a while after peak oil.

B = Economic Cyclic Impact (value based on boom/bust difference)

?...! says: This depends on government and the behaviour of people like Greenspan.

C = Time period of the economic cycle

?...! says: This is down to speculation and market momentum.

Rnd = The impact of random unpredictable events (9/11, Katrina, etc)

?...! says: This is a random number generator but you need to select the upper limit carefully. May become astronomical if climate change looks really, really bad.

All four of these coefficients are subject to constant change based on current affairs and the economic climate.

The skill comes from the investor’s ability to derive working and accurate numbers for the crunch.

P.S. I know there is no magic formula but put this on a graph and toy with it, it’s quite interesting… When you get it to work.

Please do not reply to this post ranting about how there is no formula...

IT'S JUST A FORECASTING TOOL

Oh and no "it would be great if that was true" either, see above.

[edit] Swap sin out for cos since we are entering a downturn. Still working on it, knocked it up over lunch.

Edited by ?...!

R

can i say "it would be great if there is no formula"???

Maybe a pretty graph might generate some more replies?

Econ_Graph.jpg

[edit] by the way the pretty graph refers to the next 50 years if conditions do not change. We all know they will, but the idea is you evolve the graph with time, using the variables.

I give up

can i say "it would be great if there is no formula"???

Yea

post-3701-1138370195.jpg

Edited by ?...!

This is for the 50 year scale so will NOT get you rich fast

OK here it is...

y = (100 + (x * A) + (B*(Sin(C*x))) + Rnd

100 is an arbitrary value

A = Long term economic growth factor (derived from long term growth)

?...! says: This may go negative for a while after peak oil.

B = Economic Cyclic Impact (value based on boom/bust difference)

?...! says: This depends on government and the behaviour of people like Greenspan.

C = Time period of the economic cycle

?...! says: This is down to speculation and market momentum.

Rnd = The impact of random unpredictable events (9/11, Katrina, etc)

?...! says: This is a random number generator but you need to select the upper limit carefully. May become astronomical if climate change looks really, really bad.

All four of these coefficients are subject to constant change based on current affairs and the economic climate.

The skill comes from the investor’s ability to derive working and accurate numbers for the crunch.

P.S. I know there is no magic formula but put this on a graph and toy with it, it’s quite interesting… When you get it to work.

[edit] Swap sin out for cos since we are entering a downturn. Still working on it, knock it up over lunch.

Your mathematical model is no where near as complicated as the complex mathematical model in use at our research HQ.

Your algorithm is puny.

Please do not litter this board with spurious data as it upsets our mathematical model.

We are rapidly approaching the time when we will be able to predict with almost 99% accuracy the exact date and epi-center of the projected **********. At the moment there is no discernible data as to whether there will be a global crash or not, our pumping of data and analysis resumes 24/7

Your mathematical model is no where near as complicated as the complex mathematical model in use at our research HQ.

Your algorithm is puny.

Please do not litter this board with spurious data as it upsets our mathematical model.

We are rapidly approaching the time when we will be able to predict with almost 99% accuracy the exact date and epi-center of the projected **********. At the moment there is no discernible data as to whether there will be a global crash or not, our pumping of data and analysis resumes 24/7

Sounds like The Monkey is back in town..... :rolleyes:

Your algorithm is puny.

Yea, it's a fag packet calc. Point being?

It’s was “dreamt up” after taking a stab at formulating an equation that would produce a chart similar to historical data.

Hope your research HQ iterates for the effects of your 24/7 data pumping. Then again iteration is one of the most inefficient process for a CPU to undertake. What level of error in your results are you comfortable with?

I’ll give you a tip you will be able to predict the date and epicentre of a *** a few years after it’s happened. Build a time machine instead.

Edited by ?...!

Yea, it's a fag packet calc. Point being?

It’s was “dreamt up” after taking a stab at formulating an equation that would produce a chart similar to historical data.

Hope your research HQ iterates for the effects of your 24/7 data pumping. Then again iteration is one of the most inefficient process for a CPU to undertake. What level of error in your results are you comfortable with?

I’ll give you a tip you will be able to predict the date and epicentre of a *** a few years after it’s happened. Build a time machine instead.

Two things I was impressed with your model, not quite John Nash but impressive all the same :P Second point, I reckon there was sarcasm, laced with irony and sprinkled with good humour in the criticism of your efforts ;)

Two things I was impressed with your model, not quite John Nash but impressive all the same :P Second point, I reckon there was sarcasm, laced with irony and sprinkled with good humour in the criticism of your efforts ;)

Well I hope so. I was a bit peeved by the total lack of any debate. After all criticism is a good thing.

I would have liked a bit of a debate on the whole thing and was hoping to explain the values I used for each of the four variables.

I will re-post this model in the future, after I build a better case for it.

Hopefully I will be able to present it with more razamatazz next time.

It is a bit of a 'fag packet' calc but I think thats all any investor needs. It even acounts for unpredictable events, speculation, market momentum, and how completing work generates cash.

The whole thing is only a few hours old.

But establishing a mathematical formula that can chart the economic cycles of the past will be of use now and in the future.

Well I hope so. I was a bit peeved by the total lack of any debate. After all criticism is a good thing.

I would have liked a bit of a debate on the whole thing and was hoping to explain the values I used for each of the four variables.

I will re-post this model in the future, after I build a better case for it.

Hopefully I will be able to present it with more razamatazz next time.

It is a bit of a 'fag packet' calc but I think thats all any investor needs. It even acounts for unpredictable events, speculation, market momentum, and how completing work generates cash.

The whole thing is only a few hours old.

But establishing a mathematical formula that can chart the economic cycles of the past will be of use now and in the future.

Can it predict lottery numbers as well?

Guest Bart of Darkness

Your algorithm is puny.

What exactly do Layered Technologies do then OAB?

I've tried looking at your site but either it's not Firefox compatible or ZoneAlarm is blocking some content.

Your algorithm is puny.

Definately Simian:- Puny, We, Pumping.

And the same for "?...!"

Troll crossed with VI = TriVIal.