House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

In the midst of tragedy the BBC can't stop ramping house prices

What a bunch of scum bags the BBC are (IMHO), they've reached a new low in my book:

London fire: 'The working class aren't being listened to'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40291372

How house prices compare

£1,369,708 Average in Kensington and Chelsea

"£66,384 Increase in average Kensington and Chelsea price since 2016"

Looking at the land registry data , a better longer term view could be

Nov 2014 £1,365,050

i.e. Prices up f**k all in 3 years.

What a bunch of ignorant, self serving, evil low life c**nts they must be.

All IMHO of course

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

yes it was a council block...terrible tragedy yes but why are Syrian refugees being housed in the Uks most expensive locations?

17 minutes ago, Wayward said:

yes it was a council block...terrible tragedy yes but why are Syrian refugees being housed in the Uks most expensive locations?

A council block, with no Right to Buy owners ?

I'd wager there were plenty private owner/BTLs.

27 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

A council block, with no Right to Buy owners ?

I'd wager there were plenty private owner/BTLs.

I read earlier that some residents had bought their flats under RTB. However,  as prices were around  £250k for 1-2 bed flats, many had been hoovered up by BTL scumbags. Hopefully their day of reckoning is coming soon....

8 minutes ago, Agentimmo said:

I read earlier that some residents had bought their flats under RTB. However,  as prices were around  £250k for 1-2 bed flats, many had been hoovered up by BTL scumbags. Hopefully their day of reckoning is coming soon....

Someone, I feel, is going to get into a s**t load of trouble for that fire.

If I were the blokes who did the cladding, if it is found to be at fault, are to blame then that's one contract I'd not be clad I took.

42 minutes ago, Agentimmo said:

However,  as prices were around  £250k for 1-2 bed flats, many had been hoovered up by BTL scumbags. Hopefully their day of reckoning is coming soon....

+ 1.

I would be surprised if renting out former council flats in big blocks like this turned much of a profit for BTL scumlords. The annual service charges are enormous.

39 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Someone, I feel, is going to get into a s**t load of trouble for that fire.

If I were the blokes who did the cladding, if it is found to be at fault, are to blame then that's one contract I'd not be clad I took.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3802860/couple-whose-company-were-responsible-for-cladding-at-tragic-grenfell-tower-hide-away-in-1million-home/

The irony of Krusty being involved in the relief effort, talking about the local community etc. Wonder if she can connect the dots...

Don't know if she complained herself but would hazard a guess she knows plenty of people who complained to the local council about having to view this 'eyesore' block.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/817556/London-Fire-Grenfell-tower-Kirsty-Allsop-breaks-down-during-emotional-interview

ha that guy is Ishmail he's been a regular speaker at Hyde Park Speakers Corner for the last 20 years, think he is a documentary maker.

17 hours ago, Wayward said:

It would be more efficient to put them somewhere cheaper.  The SNP want loads so maybe somewhere in Glasgow?

23 hours ago, slawek said:

The tabloids love their loaded language, don't they. The owner of the company lives there. That's the only fact. But this is reported as

Couple whose company was paid £3m for cladding refurb at Grenfell Tower are holed up at their £1m mansion

THE couple whose company helped refurbish Grenfell Tower were holed up at their £1million home last night.

Belinda Bailey, secretary of Harley Curtain Wall, the firm behind the cladding project, hid away in her £1million home

The couple are thought to holed-up [SIC] in their home

That's 3 x "holed up" ("To take refuge in or as if in a hideout"and 1 x "hid away".  Almost like Levison didn't happen.

On 2017-6-16 at 0:11 PM, iamnumerate said:

It would be more efficient to put them somewhere cheaper.  The SNP want loads so maybe somewhere in Glasgow?

In fairness, I suspect that anyone moving from London to Glasgow would enjoy a significantly better quality of life.

However, of my friends who originate from other countries, the vast majority say that they wish to remain around London, or at least relatively close, due to airport links and being able to pop back and see family etc.

I suspect that places like Glasgow have significantly less choice when it comes to international flights

2 minutes ago, HaX said:

In fairness, I suspect that anyone moving from London to Glasgow would enjoy a significantly better quality of life.

However, of my friends who originate from other countries, the vast majority say that they wish to remain around London, or at least relatively close, due to airport links and being able to pop back and see family etc.

I suspect that places like Glasgow have significantly less choice when it comes to international flights

Surely refugees can't go home because of the danger?  I can imagine Hungarian refugees in the 50s saying "I want to be near an airport so I can go back to Budapest".

Also when did people get what they want?  How do I get the Government to give me for free the housing I want?