House Price Crash Forum
Saving For a Space Ship

Home Information Packs - Is There A Way Round It?

Radio 4 'YOu & Yours' started 12.04 & I think it was on at beginning of prog.

Next year by law all homeowners will need to have a Home Information Pack in order to sell their properties. Is there a way round it?

Live link http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4.shtml?fm

Recording of show - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/ra...youandyours_thu

They've also just been discussing the horrific site of www.world-tracker.com a private co. where you can track a person to a few hundred metres by their mobile signal - very worrying for privacy.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

They've also just been discussing the horrific site of www.world-tracker.com a private co. where you can track a person to a few hundred metres by their mobile signal - very worrying for privacy.

World Tracker is not as horrific as you might think, because you can only use it to locate a mobile phone if the owner of the phone has given prior permission for you to be able to do this. So parents can use it to track their kids' phones, but stalkers can't use it.

World Tracker is not as horrific as you might think, because you can only use it to locate a mobile phone if the owner of the phone has given prior permission for you to be able to do this. So parents can use it to track their kids' phones, but stalkers can't use it.

I should have said horrific IMO, and was going on what was discussed on the prog. and what flimsy defence was given by the guy from the firm about sending 2 texts to a phone ot ask permission. Seemed like borderline abuse of privacy.

Did you listen or were you going on the website info ?

Sorry, which day was it on and exactly what time on the show (i've just flicked throught today's and not found it)?

That's weird,

It said on the latest prog on the you & yours webpage: "next year by law all homeowners will need to have a Home Information Pack in order to sell their properties. Is there a way round it?"

but they've now changed it, so thought it was yesterday but

I've looked back throgh the last 2 weeks topics & cannot see it . maybe they changed the schedule, or don't show all the topics so I'll emial them to find out.

transcripts http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyours/tr..._winter06.shtml

I can see HIPS turning into a nice business opportunity.

Charge no fee for the HIP upfront, then charge an extrotionate amount on sale of the house. Pay 1K before the sale of the house or pay 2K after the sale, the 2K expense will be passed on to the buyer in the sale of the house.

If i was a company who will be creating HIPS thats exactly what i would be doing.

I think, if the property was ‘for sale’ before the HIPS compulsory date

Then the vendor doesn’t have to have one!

But then, there is a lot of competition selling houses now?

(Buyer’s market etc…etc…)

Nearer the date, a buyer can ask the seller to provide one.

Which is something important to ‘Bear’ in mind!