House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thorn

If I was 18 again right now, I would...

Recognise my family for the narcissistic manipulative psychos they are and generally ignore their so called advice. 

That, and have as much sex as at possible. And if it was the late 90s buy a house.

Respect drugs and alcohol (less is probably more)

Exercise - foolishly didn't discover the gym until mid 20's

Eat well

Spend more money on clothes / shoes rather than drink and records

Get a part time job in a bar / nightclub where a steady stream of pissed women are looking for attention

Don't be such a dick in nightclubs (see point 1) and pull more as a result

On 12/06/2017 at 7:05 PM, blobloblob said:

Try to have sex with as many women as possible.

Yes.  Plus drinking smarter not drunker.  Too young to buy a house at 18 though.

What were you all doing aged 18 that didn't involve being a walking hormone trying to bang any burd that would have you ? :huh:

On 2017-6-12 at 11:13 PM, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Goes without saying really!

Well, you say that but while retrospectively I did OK in that regard, were I to go again it would be pretty much my sole focus.

Learn accounting, small business management and a trade (electrical or plumbing/gas-fitting), instead of going to university and incurring debt. 

Working for yourself in your own business in an area where there is a skills shortage and high barriers to entry is the way to go. 

Take education seriously, take what my parents said with an even larger pitch of salt, be less impressed with physical looks, live abroad for a while, be more political, know that pure hard work doesn't get you far in life (maybe i did know that ....) , acknowledge that a lack of money can make you miserable

On 12/06/2017 at 10:15 AM, longgone said:

bought a house in 1996  

Yep, after 17 years of Tory Government house prices hit the lowest ratio to household incomes since records began going right back to guesstimates of the Victorian era. Since 2010 house prices have risen 22% and rpi has risen 22%. 

So I guess the position we find ourselves now must be all down to Tory scum and nothing to do with what happened between 1997 and 2010.