House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

libitina

Eleven years!

Apparently, it has been 11 years since I last posted here. Does anyone remember me? Any old faces still around?

We are still renting, but now have a substantial deposit and are looking to buy in the next 12-18 months.

Just been reading a thread on Mumsnet (don't shoot me!) about the trials and tribulations of selling your property in the current climate. I'd say that most of them haven't been through a HPC before or it's a dim and distant memory. Plenty of 'The Cheek!', 'It's worth more than that' etc...etc...etc...

Hello libitina! :)

I've been here 9 years so our paths haven't crossed on here. Did you remember your password? ;)

I'd be interested to know what you've been doing in the 11-year hiatus  

Re the Mumsnet comment, I've just had to persuade my 90 year old mother to accept £150k for her house. She's moved in with my sister and her family. She wanted £160k originally, despite the EA saying it was worth £150 - £155k!  but it's been on the market at £160k for months with few viewings. I think she's lucky to have had such an offer. The house needs drastic modernisation including removal of dreaded artex, new kitchen, complete redecoration and the garden needs sorting out. 

Phew!  Offer accepted after two days of persuasive arguments. :blink:

I trained and qualified as a nurse. Got my son through uni, moved house and other real life stuff.

What about you?

Glad your Mum saw sense!

5 hours ago, libitina said:

Does anyone remember me? Any old faces still around?

Look at my location!

Seems I haven't changed that in a while!