House Price Crash Forum

RICS EA sentiment survey dropping fast

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

The valuations are just last sold price on street + 10-15%. New street record. High fives. This is why you'll notice houses with less square footage asking more than larger houses sold 6mths ago on same street, ditto for semis priced higher than recently sold detacheds.

There's a seller round here that's now moved on to his third agent, no offers, same ludicrous price. 

The seller greed is set in stone now. I'm pretty sure they'll continue to ramp prices even in the midst of a recession. 

HOLA444

I swear this house was listed at 800K yesterday......now 850 no trace on pro bee so must have been deleted and relisted if the case

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60197041.html

Cant be giving it away I guess as it was bought for 480k in 2008.

Maybe some cheeky sod had the temerity of offering 750k

Its so out of hand now with loads of overpriced shit hanging about.

Everyone must be a multi millionaire as every other half decent house is over 500k

Edited by Fromage Frais

HOLA445
25 minutes ago, Fromage Frais said:

I swear this house was listed at 800K yesterday......now 850 no trace on pro bee so must have been deleted and relisted if the case

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60197041.html

Cant be giving it away I guess as it was bought for 480k in 2008.

About a decade ago, my old nextdoor neighbours (who had paid something like £90k for their house in '94) put their house up for sale at an asking price of £280k (I was amazed, big house but sh#t estate). They were emigrating to Australia, the husband had been offered a job running a VW dealership (a big promotion for him). If I recall, they suddenly decided, after accepting an offer, that their house was worth £300k so cancelled the sale (they had a serious buyer) and put it on for £310k, they had no shortage of EAs saying it was worth more. The best thing was they were actually p#ssed with the original buyers and implied they had somehow "conned" them in to accepting a low offer.

Well, the market turned and it wasn't selling at £310k. Did they drop their price? No, they put it up for £350k! It was 3 Australian $ to the pound then and I advised they just sell, capitalise on the gains and take advantage of the great exchange rate. They didn't listen.

Long story short, the house never sold, his job fell through because they couldn't sell, the £ crashed against the Aus $ (1.5 now?) so they lost a huge amount of money, him and his wife split up too.

They had it coming, greedy b#stards. And I hope this happens to those other w#nkers doing the same.

HOLA446