House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Banner

Why Theresa May must not win.

http://www.newstatesman.com/world/2017/06/theresa-mays-latest-response-terror-has-shown-us-how-much-she-detests-human-rights

Theresa May's latest response to terror has shown us how much she detests human rights

The Prime Minister's speech after the London Bridge attack reflects her misguided desire for unbridled security powers.

If she is allowed to do this the terrorists have won!

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

I actually would go as far as saying Theresa May causes terror.  Seriously this is how the Nazis began.

What we need to the correct rule of law and the application of the law, though deployment of sufficient policing resource.

Taking away human rights is not the answer.  I've got quite a few Jewish friends, and they are quite rightly terrified of state based data collection and removal of equal treatment before the law.

58 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I actually would go as far as saying Theresa May causes terror.  Seriously this is how the Nazis began.

What we need to the correct rule of law and the application of the law, though deployment of sufficient policing resource.

Taking away human rights is not the answer.  I've got quite a few Jewish friends, and they are quite rightly terrified of state based data collection and removal of equal treatment before the law.

Indeed, it was.

This is a seriously unfunny joke. The police and security services were warned about these terrorists, they didn't have the man power to monitor them all. Theresa May is responsible for this lack of that man power. Plenty of people warned of this risk.

Saudi has been identified as the funder of the idealogy behind these actions, Theresa May does nothing.

Not only we will end up in a police state, the government have shown they are not willing to take action to stop this.

Theresa May has been dead against the police since she was home sec.  She did many attacks on them including stating they were all racist, carpet blaming todays police for Hillsborough despite many not being even born at the time, stop and search clamp down which has lead to massive increase in stabbings and deaths, bail changes meaning drug dealers can't be dealt with in the alloted time and so much more.  The attack on her by the police federation turned her against them more and the police officer having an affair with a former very senior Tory MPs wife did not help at all.  The cuts have been savage, so many police stations, civilian staff, police vehichle, PCSO and police officer cuts have been very drastic not to mention the massive cut in police wasges and destruction of pensions.

7 hours ago, hotairmail said:

Been thinking a lot about these trade offs a lot recently. Freedom from intrusion from the state versus 'terror'.

Basically, it depends on how dangerous potential attacks can be, the advance of technology.

To give an example of the extreme to illustrate my point. Say 1 terrorist has the power to blow up the world. That means you cannot allow the possibility that one incident can ever happen. The balance of proof falls to almost nil. Then extend that onwards until you get possibilities of attacks of 10's being killed, with multiple incidents - the level we have now. What balance of proof are we willing to accept now?

Personally, I would prefer to accept the possibility of being killed or maimed in a terrorist incident than the certainty of living in a police state.

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Personally, I would prefer to accept the possibility of being killed or maimed in a terrorist incident than the certainty of living in a police state.

Very well put.

We have the power to put the arrogant Theresa out of power, lets hope that is the outcome.

No doubt no rules will apply to mp`s i.e snoopers charter. 

blatant misuse of power to take away freedom from normal people. 

buy home, pay debt, have kids, get sick care home takes everything, die, kids repeat.  don`t talk on internet keep head down and work. 

2 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

I simply rationalize the probability of being killed or maimed. I am more likely to be mown down by a drunken twit or an idiot texting at the wheel.

Labour gave up the RIP bill v1, back in 2000, so we are already living in a Police state.

Any further tightening is not to close down extremists, it is to close down those who would dissent from the official narrative of our times.

does anyone get the impression she's TRYING to lose the election?

after all, she was a remainer.

with this internet snooping and the elderly care thing, it's really not an appetising manifesto...I'm still inclined to vote UKIP in this case.

totally the wrong approach IMHO..she should be admitting that successive governments have got the whole shabang totally wrong, and should have listened to the people in the first place and either not let them in/kicked the existing ones out.

she should also acknowledge she as 7 year home secretary has had ample time to deal with it and has been a bit of a failure...so now is NOT the time for more centralised state power, because they have been getting it wrong for a long time now...it is the time for DE-CENTRALISED people power, and a return to PROPER constitutional government.

Are the "plebs" down the pub that talk aggressively about Islamic pre-crime in favour of forcing Whatsapp etc. to give a backdoor to the UK government?

Most people don't tend to give a **** I suppose.

17 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

I can't believe that more people are not concerned about this.

If we re-elect May we will be walking blindfolded into a police state.

You need policemen for a police state 

I was going to vote Tory just to keep Labour out but this Big Brother push has me feeling sick inside when I read it. Looks like I will be voting UKIP again as a protest vote. If they are not on the ballot in my area I may just drop my kegs and wipe my **** with the ballot before sticking it in the box.

21 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

I'm torn TBH, I cant work out which is worse - this, or Labours soft line on immigration.

He is just telling the truth, the tory claim of reducing immigration "to the tens of thousands" is meaningless - how many tens? 200

What the hell happened to this site? 7 yrs ago, most people were jumping up and down about how Brown and Labour had trashed the economy and country, and now you want a bunch of marxist terrorist sympathisers to win??

8 hours ago, deflation said:

What the hell happened to this site? 7 yrs ago, most people were jumping up and down about how Brown and Labour had trashed the economy and country, and now you want a bunch of marxist terrorist sympathisers to win??

Very true. 

Blair, Brown and NuLabour trashed the economy, but Cameron and Osborne made it even worse.

Mrs May's record on human rights is abysmal so even a Corbyn led government (hopefully a coalition) would be preferable.