House Price Crash Forum
Si1

Telegraph - property prices continue to outpace wages

As property prices continue to outpace wages, first-time buyers looking to get a foot on the ladder, like Shannon Morley, have little chance of going it alone.

Ms Morley, 32, is torn between trying to buy a property by herself or with her boyfriend, Shane Drinkwater, 27.

She does not think it particularly feasible to buy a London home on her salary, and has considered purchasing a buy-to-let 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/money-makeover/money-makeover-should-buy-london-property-boyfriend-can-do-alone/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_fb_tmg

This just goes to highlight how overinflated house prices are. What price would houses have to fall too so that they could start matching the ability of their potential purchasers savings capacity?

As I am not a subscriber what was the suggestion?

Buy a toilet up north and price a local family out there Instead.

I would also suggest losing that awful moustache.

18 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

As I am not a subscriber what was the suggestion?

Buy a toilet up north and price a local family out there Instead.

I would also suggest losing that awful moustache.

"We don't just want to be landlords, we want to be artisanal landlords"

buy it yourself and get her to pay rent to you never marry the bint . 

It could be a new type of BTL .  

at least all servicing would be included every night. 

14 minutes ago, Si1 said:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/shannonjmorley

Oooh. Works in marketing in the property sector, previously worked in marketing for countrywide ea.

Not even a random bod. It's a put up job, they were that desperate to find an ftb in London to write about!

Very naughty indeed! Confirmation we're at the panic PANIC desperation stage now, I better buy before I miss out forever then.

44 minutes ago, Si1 said:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/shannonjmorley

Oooh. Works in marketing in the property sector, previously worked in marketing for countrywide ea.

Not even a random bod. It's a put up job, they were that desperate to find an ftb in London to write about!

Yes you often find that the FTBers they find for these kind of articles work in the industry...I have seen this a number of times before.

"and has considered purchasing a buy-to-let "

Hmm i guess that refers to the times before where it was easier to buy a place on a BTL mortgage than actually buy one for yourself

46 minutes ago, Wayward said:

Yes you often find that the FTBers they find for these kind of articles work in the industry...I have seen this a number of times before.

This was the classic example 

So far, so embarrassing. Until, of course, the Tory spin machine struck upon another clanger: their single mum of choice is actually a successful estate agent who bought her £145,000 flat through the firm she works for.

Ray has been employed at the aforementioned Enfield estate agency in Southampton for almost eight years, and she is currently the director of sales. It is not known whether she or the company benefitted from any sales commission following her purchase.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/david-cameron-s-struggling-single-mum-help-to-buy-poster-girl-purchases-own-145000-flat-through-her-9041091.html