House Price Crash Forum

BBC House price comments in reaction to NW falls

HOLA441

I dont post on the BBC, do many people here ?

Have a look at the comments.

Sentiment has changed for sure.  It wasnt different this time after all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40117132

hooray!!

The Government, BoE and the media have shamelessly been inflating the UK house price bubble for years. The bubble has now burst. Tragic for those that have been conned into taking on huge debt. Many will be wiped out. The bankers and politicians will already be preparing their 'we didn't see it coming' press releases.

The key is to drive down rental prices, that way people can save for a deposit if they want to buy a house, and the buy to let market will become less attractive for investors. The only way to doing this is to build more council housing!

Need to drop dramatically, not just a point or two.

Good news, the Tories will have less money to take off you because your home will be worth jack after Brexit

Some good news from the housing market then, 

344 This unsustainable surge in house prices which has placed homes out of the reach of all but a few, is over.

Oh dear lol

Our country has too much wealth locked up in the value of property.

Renting to east europeans has been big business for land lords

This is excellent news.

This is a disaster for people obsessed with Homes under the Hammer. :lol::lol:

280 London is too expensive for the average worker and first time buyers.

Most property capital is unearned. Value locked away is good for no one. 

About time

Falling prices are a good thing they make houses more affordable. The SE could do with a good dose of deflation.

The vested interest brigade, continually fuel the house price bubble. They describe a ‘rampant, runaway HP’s market as buoyant and healthy if it increases by 15%, year on year.

Get the idea ?

No one is defending the insanity, everyone knows the prices are too high and need to come down.

I can hardly believe what I am reading.

People have clearly had enough

HOLA442
HOLA443
14 minutes ago, 200p said:

They use the comments to judge public sentiment.

Blast, it's not working. Must double the air time of Homes Under The Hammer, Escape To The Country & To Buy Or Not To Buy

Or start new programs:

Repossessed Homes Under The Hammer

Escape From The C*nts

Not To Buy

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

185. Posted byGreenGoddess

on8 hours ago

Nick Clegg has just been on the radio blaming stagnating house prices on Brexit. Other than property tycoons, who on earth wants higher house prices???

I heard that clip of Nick Clegg. It was utterly disgraceful that he sounded exasperated and upset that "house prices are now stagnating". His underlying message was WE MUST PUSH HOUSE PRICES UP MORE.

HOLA447
HOLA448
2 hours ago, Jazzman said:

Nothing to get very excited about here. 0.2% drop in prices is not very significant and one months data a trend doth not make. Also, I'd be wary of buliding society indices which can vary wildly. The Land Registry repeat sales index is the most accurate. For March the national price increased for March by 0.6%. That is a moving average so is really for the previous three months. Therefore, there is a lag. This doesn't argue that prices won't eventually come down, but national numbers can be meaningless since bubbles are usually regional/urban affaires that then spill over into other areas. 

The anti hpi sentiment is what is really worth noting.

Has been bubbling up for some time now

HOLA449
11 hours ago, Jazzman said:

Nothing to get very excited about here. 0.2% drop in prices is not very significant and one months data a trend doth not make. Also, I'd be wary of buliding society indices which can vary wildly. The Land Registry repeat sales index is the most accurate. For March the national price increased for March by 0.6%. That is a moving average so is really for the previous three months. Therefore, there is a lag. This doesn't argue that prices won't eventually come down, but national numbers can be meaningless since bubbles are usually regional/urban affaires that then spill over into other areas. 

and 3 months with a 1% drop from  a VI index that up to its neck in government free cash and debt ?

HOLA4410
10 hours ago, pig said:

The anti hpi sentiment is what is really worth noting.

Has been bubbling up for some time now

Have a look at the BBC comment thread I started.

EVERYONE on it that I read ( first 50 ) were saying this was good news, it's a bubble, prices need to come down.

(EDIT:  This is the BBC Comment thread, DOH !!! :lol::lol::lol: )

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere
Stupid comment

HOLA4411
12 hours ago, mrtickle said:

I heard that clip of Nick Clegg. It was utterly disgraceful that he sounded exasperated and upset that "house prices are now stagnating". His underlying message was WE MUST PUSH HOUSE PRICES UP MORE.

A lot of people think higher prices are better (although think is perhaps not the right word).  Amazing that a man with a household income of £280k can't see why expensive houses are a problem.

HOLA4412
11 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

Quite impressive compared to a few months ago when you'd have many on the other side, like the BBC comments it's all pro HPC now.

Prospective upsizers are finally understanding their difficulty with HP+++ and landlords are mute.

Edited by Barnsey

HOLA4413
19 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

Quite impressive compared to a few months ago when you'd have many on the other side, like the BBC comments it's all pro HPC now.

Prospective upsizers are finally understanding their difficulty with HP+++ and landlords are mute.

The question is.

Have the comments from the people changed or have the comments the BBC allow on their website changed ?

If we knew that we'd know what the Torys intentions are.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
17 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I dont post on the BBC, do many people here ?

Have a look at the comments.

Sentiment has changed for sure.  It wasnt different this time after all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40117132

hooray!!

I gave up on the BBC comments because it's so heavily censored, and now they're threatening to report you to your employers if you post what the BBC deem 'hateful'. As a result their boards are heavily weighted towards Guardianista PoVs (their own Safe space). Good to see sentiment about HPC changing though.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
55 minutes ago, newbonic said:

and now they're threatening to report you to your employers if you post what the BBC deem 'hateful'.

That's astounding. I don't watch TV in any form, so don't have a licence. Initially, that was purely a choice not to waste my time, but it crystallized into a point of principle when I started getting threatening letters. Moderation on fora can be more or less aggressive (and that's fine), but if it is now planning to deprive people of a livelihood for making comments, then I hope the BBC sinks without trace. Whatever good will it might once have had from its programming of decades past, it has thoroughly torched.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
2 hours ago, Toast said:

That's astounding. I don't watch TV in any form, so don't have a licence. Initially, that was purely a choice not to waste my time, but it crystallized into a point of principle when I started getting threatening letters. Moderation on fora can be more or less aggressive (and that's fine), but if it is now planning to deprive people of a livelihood for making comments, then I hope the BBC sinks without trace. Whatever good will it might once have had from its programming of decades past, it has thoroughly torched.

I suppose it's conventional to apologise for a DM link, but I couldn't find a Guardian one...  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4524810/BBC-threat-report-offensive-comments-users-BOSSES.html

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
1 hour ago, MARTINX9 said:

One thing the election has shown us is that there are a few more people willing to think about others rather than just themselves - their kids, nephews and nieces, the elderly needing social care.

That's odd. I am getting depressed by seeing the exact opposite.

HOLA4422
On 2017-6-2 at 9:18 AM, iamnumerate said:

A lot of people think higher prices are better (although think is perhaps not the right word).  Amazing that a man with a household income of £280k can't see why expensive houses are a problem.

He used to think it was bad.

Speaking on a visit to a housing project in London, Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said it was important to stop property prices spiralling out of the reach of young people "who just have a simple dream of owning their own home".

Link

HOLA4423