House Price Crash Forum

The Bank Of England workers are going on strike

HOLA441

You could not make this up.

"Exclusive - Bank of England faces strike action over pay as union launches ballot"

"Staff at the Bank of England will begin voting on Thursday on whether to hold a strike this year in protest at below-inflation pay rises,"

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-boe-strike-idUKKBN18S45I

Oh the Irony.  They are causing the inflation and are now demanding more money. 

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

At least their pensions are inflation-proofed ... IIRC the BoE switched their own pension scheme investments to index-linked Gilts when they were busy telling everyone else that deflation was looming as an excuse to drop interest rates to near zero.

HOLA446
43 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

At least their pensions are inflation-proofed ... IIRC the BoE switched their own pension scheme investments to index-linked Gilts when they were busy telling everyone else that deflation was looming as an excuse to drop interest rates to near zero.

I emailed the SFO raising a question of a position of possible insider trading about BoE policy benefitting their own investments with reference to their pension scheme. They didn't laugh it off but said they couldn't pass judgement without the query being processed through this link they sent me. I didn't carry on but feel free to try....

https://www.sfo.gov.uk/contact-us/reporting-serious-fraud-bribery-corruption/