House Price Crash Forum

Is May cleverly sabotaging Brexit?

Optobear

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Well they were ready for it this time and they say they did it properly http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40118629

but how do they know how anyone voted in the eu referendum? the vote was secret !

anyway if it was based on what 'they said' in a telephone call - they could lie to get in the audience and most of them would be local.

Edited by olliegog
h

6 minutes ago, olliegog said:

but how do they know how anyone voted in the eu referendum? the vote was secret !

I don't see how that matters. Brexit obviously an item but surely people more bothered about NHS, housing, their jobs, etc

58 minutes ago, olliegog said:

I disagree - sorry - I don't think she intends to lose but she is up against the rich and powerful who are 'manipulating' the democratic process by promising 'things can only get better' (sound familiar?) and JC is a 'puppet' for them.

It's the rich and powerful that are backing the Conservatives.

The Electoral Commission figures show the Tories took nearly £4,000,000 in donations (over £7,500) while Labour raised less than £350,000... the Lib Dems received only £20k less than Labour.

The 35 people who donated almost £20m to the Tory party increased their wealth on average by £230m per week this year:

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/june2017/2017/05/jon-trickett-rich-tory-donors-have-thrived-year-nurses-its-different-story

The Tory supporting billionaires own the MSM and are treating the working class Tory voters like mugs...

1 hour ago, olliegog said:

I disagree - sorry - I don't think she intends to lose but she is up against the rich and powerful who are 'manipulating' the democratic process by promising 'things can only get better' (sound familiar?) and JC is a 'puppet' for them.  I only saw a bit of the debate last night (could not stomach it TBH) and he came across as very aggressive to the other participants and inciting the biased audience to heckle and boo. Is he the right person to be our PM and represent us?   

Sorry but I've read a lot of nonsense (and plenty of good stuff) on here but this is right up there with the worst of it.

Is that JC that wants to nationalise various industries, increase corporation tax and the higher tax bracket? Yet you have him down as being in with the "rich and powerful". Honestly take the tinfoil off.

I've heard it all now when JC is being called a figurehead for the rich and powerful that are somehow pulling the strings for TM to **** up the election. They probably also ensured TM didn't appear in last nights debate, produced a horrendous Tory manifesto and ultimately ensured that she looks like they've dug up Thatcher (spit) and stuck her in Vivienne Westwood to keep the kids away from the TV.

5 minutes ago, Impatiently Waiting said:

Sorry but I've read a lot of nonsense (and plenty of good stuff) on here but this is right up there with the worst of it.

Is that JC that wants to nationalise various industries, increase corporation tax and the higher tax bracket? Yet you have him down as being in with the "rich and powerful". Honestly take the tinfoil off.

I've heard it all now when JC is being called a figurehead for the rich and powerful that are somehow pulling the strings for TM to **** up the election. They probably also ensured TM didn't appear in last nights debate, produced a horrendous Tory manifesto and ultimately ensured that she looks like they've dug up Thatcher (spit) and stuck her in Vivienne Westwood to keep the kids away from the TV.

Jezza isn't t the rich's man, he's the leftist nomenklatura's man.  High ups in academia, local government, the unions, the media.  You know.  Scum like Wil Self.  What he absolutely is not is any sort of man of the people.  He's the left cheek and May is the right cheek of the same ****. 

26 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

The reporter from the Plymouth Herald said that it was just like interviewing a robot...

Wowsers, they need to update her software, Artificial but without much Intelligence. That kind of stuff isn't going to win her the election...

And she knows it! :)

4 hours ago, Tempus said:

Correct. It's more a case that May has been found out, as she's stepped into the spotlight so we can clearly see her flaws.

She's rubbish. A real political lightweight. 

I suspect she'll make a monumental mess of Brexit and we'll crash out with no deal.

Thereby falling into the get Britain into the Euro trap.

As we'd be allowed to customise our Euro Coins, I suggest we put Farage on the reverse side of one of them.

9 minutes ago, Unbowed said:

So could she pass the Turing test?

Her answers to the Plymouth Herald suggest she wouldn't. 

It wouldn't surprise me to learn in 50 years or so that many of our present-day politicians were prototype borgs, implanted with rudimentary nanotech that allowed them to be remote controlled by a shadowy global elite without them even being aware that their thoughts and actions were not truly their own....

*cue Twilight Zone theme tune*

(only half joking)

1 hour ago, Impatiently Waiting said:

the rich and powerful have always hated the idea of brexit

JC is a 'puppet' of the powerful in the media etc.

It is telling that JC appeared at the debate in spite of saying he wouldn't and at the last minute - that speaks of a u-turn to end all u-turns.

Sadly HPC which is usually a realistic forum has been infiltrated by ' left leaning JC supporting ' newbies. I suspect you are young and a labourite who swallows the guff about labour being for the many. ^_^

So I disagree with your view - how long do you think JC will last if he wins and how will the country afford his generous spending.   

1 hour ago, Mapatasy said:

Something isn't right that's for sure!

Jeese, that's not a leader that's a banker

Dont think i've ever heard her speak before ( i dont watch the BBC as a rule ), she sounds like a Blue Peter presenter from the 1970s.

She does not represent me, nor does she represent 99% of us. IMHO

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

1 minute ago, olliegog said:

It is telling that JC appeared at the debate in spite of saying he wouldn't and at the last minute - that speaks of a u-turn to end all u-turns.

Sadly HPC which is usually a realistic forum has been infiltrated by ' left leaning JC supporting ' newbies. I suspect you are young and a labourite who swallows the guff about labour being for the many. ^_^

So I disagree with your view - how long do you think JC will last if he wins and how will the country afford his generous spending.   

Blimey, we're got a tory in our midst.

If you take your statement in the context of the establishment nuLabour types trying to oust Corbyn several times and how come the puppeteers didnt want to keep him there ?

10 minutes ago, olliegog said:

I'm sorry, but this is nonsensical. Apart from anything else, there has been zero support for Corbyn from the media. Even the Grauniad spent column-miles sticking the knife in, and JC has always been lukewarm about the EU at best.

He's a decent man whose politics you don't like - nothing wrong with that. Why the compulsion to turn him into a lizard person?

17 minutes ago, olliegog said:

I'm sure almost all of you, regardless of your voting intention, will have a very good understanding of just how extreme the anti-Corbyn Propaganda, we have all been targeted with, has been over the last couple of years.

Here is a very interesting piece which is worth watching until the end:

5 minutes ago, fru-gal said:

My theory is that she has developed really really bad panic attacks when speaking live.

Just the sort of unelected (by her own party members) leader you want negotiation with grown ups then.

Anyone earnign under £100,000 a year voting tory needs their heads looking at.

I'm not supportive of many of Corbyn's economic/business policies but it is pretty damned sickening the way he receives an unrelenting barrage of 'hit pieces' and slander in the media.  It's clearly overwhelmingly biased against him because of the simple fact that he's not playing along with the establishment and would genuinely take the country in a different direction (whether or not that is good) if elected as PM.

A lot of people don't seem to have taken on board that the popularity of figures like Corbyn, Trump, Farage, Le Pen etc. comes from the fact that they are clearly seen as 'non-establishment' by voters and that the public are increasingly wise to how the establishment plays them through compliant politicians of whatever nominal political leaning.

The fact is that voting for party A or party B in a two party state just gets you broadly the same set of policies and legislation no matter who wins.  And those policies and laws typically benefit the establishment (and other powerful vested interests) rather than the man in the street.  With the rise of the internet and alternate news sources, people are finally beginning to see this reported and discussed and starting to catch on in numbers large enough to make a difference.  Hence all the wailing about 'fake news' and 'Russian interference' by the mainstream media who've been pulling the wool over the masses eyes for so long.

10 minutes ago, fru-gal said:

My theory is that she has developed really really bad panic attacks when speaking live.

She's probably a Corbyn supporter.

I dont know Theresa May, don't have any real opinion on her other than she's an ex-banker married to a banker and was installed as the establishment's party leader without party members voting ( which says a lot in itself ) so just maybe she's a decent person and she really doesn't like the position the string pullers are putting her in.  Maybe she's not strong enough to stand up to them or corrupt enough to deliver what they demand.  

Either way, no one can now seriously vote for her to lead  the UK forward.