House Price Crash Forum

Parliament could be hung

TheCountOfNowhere

If the last Coalition was anything to go by then the various parties will simply pool all their worst policies to give us the most shit government possible.

BTW a hung Parliament won't mean a "Progressive Coalition" as some of the press rather naively assume but the breakup of the UK. If Corbyn tries to put through his manifesto with SNP votes then I suspect the Tories will finally bite the bullet and dissolve the Union themselves.

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

People are buying it....they must agree.

I'm going to do an all nighter on election night to watch the faces of those ***** at the BBC again.

Was priceless during the EU ref.

Corbyn agreeing to do the TV debate could seal it for him I think

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2017-40091449

if may doesn't people will vote for Corbyn, if she does, he'll rip her a new one.  

I'm going out on a limb and saying HUNG parliament.  If Labour hadnt f**ked over the whole of Scotland they'd be looking at power for sure.

Yep, Corbyn has pulled a blinder. May now appears even more distant and unable to lead.

I'm going out on a limb and saying LABOUR majority.

20 minutes ago, thisisthisitmaybe said:

Yep, Corbyn has pulled a blinder. May now appears even more distant and unable to lead.

I'm going out on a limb and saying LABOUR majority.

It's possible. And Tories haven't pushed through boundary reform yet either.

1 hour ago, hotairmail said:

Apparently Amber Rudd is taking May's position at the debate. Oh dear, one of the 3 harridans who lost that ITV Brexit debate from a seemingly unassailable position.

Not going well they have a loaded left wing audience from Cambridge that are even jeering the interviewer if she is crossing Corbyn and not knocking the s**t out of Rudd and UKIP. Let's hope the polling organisation that picked the audience is doing a better job with the opinion polls.

Guess May knew it would be a left wing lynching.

Edited by crashmonitor

8 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Not going well they have a loaded left wing audience from Cambridge that are even jeering the interviewer if she is crossing Corbyn and not knocking the s**t out of Rudd and UKIP. Let's hope they are doing a better job with the opinion polls this time.

I turned off after 15 minutes.

Stratospheric levels of denial and virtue signalling.

Unwatchable.

8 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Not going well they have a loaded left wing audience from Cambridge that are even jeering the interviewer if she is crossing Corbyn and not knocking the s**t out of Rudd and UKIP. Let's hope the polling organisation that picked the audience is doing a better job with the opinion polls.

She went to Oxford, if there are any Cambridge undergrads in the audience they'll feel it's their duty to tear her to bits.

Mr Fish Finger, the fella who is taking on Farron up north said on Twitter 2/3 weeks ago, that May would phuck this up on purpose to fudge Brexit.

Whatever the merits, or not, of her care proposals, that's never, ever going to be a vote WINNER. Why on earth bring this to table in a campaign?

Are Mays policy wonks all remainers?

Very very odd way of going about things. That cant be denied.

On 2017-5-31 at 5:36 PM, stormymonday_2011 said:

BTW a hung Parliament won't mean a "Progressive Coalition" as some of the press rather naively assume but the breakup of the UK. If Corbyn tries to put through his manifesto with SNP votes then I suspect the Tories will finally bite the bullet and dissolve the Union themselves.

What will be will be and don't let the door hit the Scots on their way out, we just mutually tolerated each other rather than liked each other in a Union that grown decrepit by the turn of the Millenium.

However a independent Scotland may not be so independent if they've got a hard on for the EU, and it very well could trigger similar regional disintergrations in Spain, Belgium, and Italy. Czechoslovakia already had their separation decades ago as, more tragically, did Yugoslavia.

City states and principalities will be the new norm as this century elapses. Russia continues to trundle on, the PRC will either be the new superpower or unexpectedly shatter catastrophically, and the USA will probably have a slower, less severe Soviet Union style disintegration.

Edited by Big Orange