House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Parliament could be hung

24 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

There is enough coming up to suggest one should move into another currency or internationally traded asset. Election and then Brexit.

Dollar, gold, bitcoin, FTSE etcetc

10 years too late with that advice :lol: 

1 hour ago, hotairmail said:

There is enough coming up to suggest one should move into another currency or internationally traded asset. Election and then Brexit.

To be honest, looking at the perfromance of Sterlng since the 2nd world war, that advice has always stood.

1 hour ago, hotairmail said:

i moved into ethereum

Cameron tribally blowing the lib Dems off over the parliamentary reform referendum doesn't look so brilliant now does it...

Kathleen Brooks at City Index questioned the accuracy of the research.

"This was not a poll, rather it is the outcome of a model that has used untested methodology to come up with this hung parliament conclusion," she said. "Other polls are predicting a completely different outcome, so we would use this information with a pinch of salt."

The model is based on 50,000 interviews over a week, with voters from a panel brought together by YouGov.

It uses a new "constituency-by-constituency" model for polling, which the paper says allows for big variations.

According to the Times, "the estimates were met with scepticism by Tory and Labour figures".

YouGov's chief executive, Stephan Shakespeare said the model had been tested during the EU referendum campaign, when it consistently put the winning Leave side ahead.

But he added: "It would take only a slight fall in Labour's share and a slight increase in the Conservatives' to result in Mrs May returning to No 10 with a healthy majority."

I think the best summing up would be "New and untested model gives unexpected results".

I wonder if they skipped the debugging phase?

Vote LibDem to curb May and keep Corbyn out

1 hour ago, Si1 said:

Cameron tribally blowing the lib Dems off over the parliamentary reform referendum doesn't look so brilliant now does it...

I don't follow you, please explain

4 hours ago, hotairmail said:

Or may be  houses if we get a Progressive Alliance as there will be no other asset worth owning after the Greens and Corby have killed everything else. Jeeze they have got to look after their core support in Brighton, Islington and Cambridge.

One thing for sure cash will be in bloody trouble, live for today innit, austerity equals a massive deficit apparently.

Edited by crashmonitor

If we do have a chaotic hung parliament and are screwed by brexit then it will be the least the country and the establishment deserve for the way they've screwed over younger generations.

18 minutes ago, Si1 said:

If we do have a chaotic hung parliament and are screwed by brexit then it will be the least the country and the establishment deserve for the way they've screwed over younger generations.

Which might well lead to the young actively protesting which would be about bloody time.

Nothing ever gets changed until the  people in charge feel threatened.

Ratehr than sitting up and taking notice of the EuRef they've chosen to pretty much ignore it and do what they want, now saying they'll target 100,000 immigrants up from 10,000 in 2010.

Marry that with the queen, the richest woman in the world, getting £350M in state handouts for her painting her house and the Houses of parliament facelift costing £1B at a time when people are queuing up for foodbanks.

These people are right royally taking the piss....because they can, they keep pushing and no one stands up to them, NO ONE

They can stick their ballot paper up ther jacksys, this aint a democracy any more than I'm a big fat BTLer from Kent. 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

5 minutes ago, cica said:

Or that just proves the point that that's as far as they will go.

Indeed. The election will tell. If I was under 30 I don't see what I'd have to lose by giving corbyn the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Si1

8 minutes ago, cica said:

Or that just proves the point that that's as far as they will go.

People are buying it....they must agree.

I'm going to do an all nighter on election night to watch the faces of those ***** at the BBC again.

Was priceless during the EU ref.

Corbyn agreeing to do the TV debate could seal it for him I think

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2017-40091449

if may doesn't people will vote for Corbyn, if she does, he'll rip her a new one.  

I'm going out on a limb and saying HUNG parliament.  If Labour hadnt f**ked over the whole of Scotland they'd be looking at power for sure.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere