House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sideysid

Boomers banking their 'mad gainz' and downsizing to 'hip' location developments

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/may/31/downsizer-homes-last-stab-baby-boomers-gentrification-london#comments

How middle class and boomercentric.

I for one welcome the likes of the boomer and middle class youth squabbling over these 'hip' locations.

As I grew up fairly local I can remember certainly not too long ago when Hackney was a shit hole.

When the inevitable London property bubble bursts, I hope it reverts and see how 'hip' they all are then.

3 minutes ago, sideysid said:

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/may/31/downsizer-homes-last-stab-baby-boomers-gentrification-london#comments

How middle class and boomercentric.

I for one welcome the likes of the boomer and middle class youth squabbling over these 'hip' locations.

As I grew up fairly local I can remember certainly not too long ago when Hackney was a shit hole.

When the inevitable London property bubble bursts, I hope it reverts and see how 'hip' they all are then.

I had the displeasure of going into London recently, most of it looks like a sh*t hole.

All these trendy areas all look like main streets in Northern town + over price burger joints and a trendy coffee shop.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

With current house prices in the suburbs who can afford to buy? HAs/Builders?

Will they convert these suburb houses into flats?  

What does the over 55 gain as flat prices in London are usually similar to house prices in suburbs?