House Price Crash Forum
fru-gal

Who are you most likely to vote for in the GE?

Who are you most likely to vote for in the GE?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you most likely to vote for in the GE?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • I won't be voting
    • I will be spoiling my ballot
    • Other (please give details)

The SNP are most likely to keep the Tories out in Aberdeen South. Plus the sitting SNP MP is actually a capable and energetic sort of guy.

The local Labour party didn't do themselves any favours by going into coalition with the Tories on the local council.

I am a Tory voter but I could vote for Corbyn.

He is a man of principle (not a careerist) and although I do not agree with all of his views some are interesting and I think we will all be more receptive in 5 years time.

He is trying to purge the party of the Blairite element which wins points with me!

However he is obviously a poor judge of character, so here are my five reasons not to vote for him in order of importance;

1. Diane Abbot,
  2. Emily Thornberry,
  3. Angela Rayner,
  4. Rebecca Long-Bailey,
  5. Gerry Adams.

Oh and I left out....I wonder what would have happened if the SNP fielded candidates in England?

I think St Nicola is missing a trick here...its the only way the English will be able to vote for Scotland leave the UK!

Ex Conservative voter. Would be voting Labour but abroad and since I live in a rock solid Tory constituency I didn't bother to organise a postal or proxy vote as it would make no difference, so not voting this time.

Hoping for a Labour/LibDem coalition, followed by a vote of no confidence and the return of Farage leading a proper Conservative party. Oh well, we can but dream :D.

24 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

He is a man of principle (not a careerist) and although I do not agree with all of his views some are interesting and I think we will all be more receptive in 5 years time.

He is trying to purge the party of the Blairite element which wins points with me!

However he is obviously a poor judge of character, so here are my five reasons not to vote for him in order of importance;

1. Diane Abbot,
  2. Emily Thornberry,
  3. Angela Rayner,
  4. Rebecca Long-Bailey,
  5. Gerry Adams.

I'd never heard of the bloke until last year.  it's easy to have principles if you keep them to yourself and do nothing about them.

35 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

He's spent his entire life in politics, he is the very essence of a privileged career politician.

And if he had principle he'd have backed Brexit and would  be favourite to beat May.

22 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Ex Conservative voter. Would be voting Labour but abroad and since I live in a rock solid Tory constituency I didn't bother to organise a postal or proxy vote as it would make no difference, so not voting this time.

Hoping for a Labour/LibDem coalition, followed by a vote of no confidence and the return of Farage leading a proper Conservative party. Oh well, we can but dream :D.

Never say never! Mr Farege has to do something after his adventurous EU mission will be accomplished.

1 hour ago, Roman Roady said:

1. Diane Abbot,
  2. Emily Thornberry,
  3. Angela Rayner,
  4. Rebecca Long-Bailey,
  5. Gerry Adams.

and at the top, the most accurate reason you can't vote for him... :)

0. I don't live in his constituency of Islington North.

(We don't have a presidential system)

Those who aren't voting could exercise their "vote of no confidence" by voting for a small party they don't think will win, which will make it a vote for proportional representation, like the 2015 GE highlighted the need for.

Edited by Arpeggio

45 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I'm with you and I really think right now the only logical thing for me to do is spoil. I'm so underwhelmed with policits in scary.

also thinking of putting £100 on corbyn to be pm. 5/1 and I'm just getting a trump/brexit feeling. Record numbers of students registering to vote and I can't see them voting tory

1 hour ago, Roman Roady said:

1. Diane Abbot,
  2. Emily Thornberry,
  3. Angela Rayner,
  4. Rebecca Long-Bailey,
  5. Gerry Adams.

1.1. Jeremy Corbyn. Commie and terrorist sympathiser / enemy of the state.

"Theresa May has the personal warmth, wit, oratorical ability and attractiveness of an Indesit fridge-freezer which has been faultily connected by a man called Trevor for five quid, cash in hand, and which is now full of decomposing Findus Crispy Pancakes. There is no vision, there is no chutzpah. Just the bland repetition of meaningless phrases."  (The Spectator) 

2 hours ago, billybong said:

None of the pathetic and nasty LibLabCon.

The last syllable being the most pertinent.

1 hour ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

May would be terrible, Corbyn would be much worse.

Nice choice.

Succinctly put.

1 hour ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

May would be terrible, Corbyn would be much worse.

Nice choice.

Agreed, but May would probably survive for a full term. Corbyn, on the other hand, would probably be removed by a vote of no confidence within a year and we might get a chance to vote for someone decent.

6 hours ago, hotairmail said:

and that is getting the best possible deal for Brexit right now. I'm afraid I'm voting Tory.

The tories have given up the Single Market before negotiations have started, what deal is there to be had? we may as well walk away, pay nothing and accept the WTO disaster.