House Price Crash Forum
AvoidDebt

Phil Spencer predicts THIS will happen to Britain’s property market

Not really.  If you are on the ladder then it's in your interest for property prices to drop.  If your £100,000 house drops by 10% and the one you want costing £200,000 drops the same amount then you are the winner.  You lose out if prices are increasing all round.  Increasing prices only work for those who want to down-size.

10 minutes ago, AvoidDebt said:

“When it comes to house prices it’s all relative. If your house goes up in value so does the one you want to buy. So this isn’t necessarily a bad thing.” 

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/property/808754/brexit-property-phil-spencer-location

Has to be a typo. This must be down but you never with him or express. 

24 minutes ago, Mooping said:

Not really.  If you are on the ladder then it's in your interest for property prices to drop.  If your £100,000 house drops by 10% and the one you want costing £200,000 drops the same amount then you are the winner.  You lose out if prices are increasing all round.  Increasing prices only work for those who want to down-size.

...and the debt pushers....and the levered up investors...and the people farmers. ( i.e. the government ).

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

50 minutes ago, Mooping said:

And there is the crux, for everyone who downsizes there is another 100k mad HPI gains to spend on cruises, new cars and yoga classes.

Add into that another 100k of free QE pointless debt, why would they possibly want prices to fall?

53 minutes ago, Mooping said:

Very true when I bought my house I needed another £50-100 k to move up the ladder - now it is £100-200k.

The worst bit is that I showed colleagues calculations on how the rise in house prices had cost me when I had moved from a flat to a house - and they would not believe it.

2 hours ago, btd1981 said:

What a pointless article :)

Indeed.. key points as far as I can see are:

- He doesn't know what will happen
- He's got some crap new business venture to push that relies on continued HPI and wants some exposure.. despite actually having nothing to say other than nebulous, factually-devoid VI rhetoric.

2 hours ago, Mooping said:

Indeed. Got to keep the idiots in their bubble though eh? Even if it does basically mean stating black is white / spreading deliberate misinformation to those who lack the savvy to think outside of what their told with people with an obvious agenda (MSM situation normal, then).

What a crap piece of thinly-veiled, VI-fuelled non-journalism.

7 minutes ago, Sajid the Taxmeister said:

"The One BRAIN CELL Show" does in depth rapier-like political analysis too. 

2nd correction today

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Did the article ( i refuse to read it as I do not watch another broken screen ) mention his companies bankruptch shortly after  the 2007 collapse ?

Did his creditors ever get paid ?

Has he learned from that event ?

2 hours ago, Mooping said:

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

...and the debt pushers....and the levered up investors...and the people farmers. ( i.e. the government ).

Cant get to the link and not a registered on the express site - but someone should post the above as a response in the comments section perhaps?

5 minutes ago, deadlyavenger said:

Cant get to the link and not a registered on the express site - but someone should post the above as a response in the comments section perhaps?

Would love them to.

19 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

Very true when I bought my house I needed another £50-100 k to move up the ladder - now it is £100-200k.

The worst bit is that I showed colleagues calculations on how the rise in house prices had cost me when I had moved from a flat to a house - and they would not believe it.

This!

People literally can't understand this even when you show them the maths. These people deserve to waste money or go bankrupt. F%#%tards the lot of them.

2 hours ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

People literally can't understand this even when you show them the maths. These people deserve to waste money or go bankrupt. F%#%tards the lot of them.

I think that many more actually understand it but refuse to accept it. That theme of collective stupidity also produces the concept that their home is their pension.

Phil's co-host Kirsty's will soon be feasting on one of her hats since she promised to do so a few years ago if there was a crash.