House Price Crash Forum

Homeless professionals ( well teachers )

HOLA441
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
23 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

I am glad that you like it, of course if you take the view that horse bolted then the Tories aren't to blame if they can put it back in the saddle.

I would say that the Tories are schizophrenic on housing, half the time they are trying to catch the horse, the other half they are trying to encourage to run.  Whether this is because they are schizophrenic or because they think this "Is a big mess how do we solve it without it blowing up in our face".

Sadly New Labour and probably Corbyn are 100% dedicated to make housing more expensive every year for ever far worse than the tories - possibly I should have compared them to 20 years vs 9 years in prison.

Sentence to 13 years under Labour and 7 under the Tory Party with this inhumane govt refusing to set a release date.

HOLA443
26 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

I am glad that you like it, of course if you take the view that horse bolted then the Tories aren't to blame if they can put it back in the saddle.

I would say that the Tories are schizophrenic on housing, half the time they are trying to catch the horse, the other half they are trying to encourage to run.  Whether this is because they are schizophrenic or because they think this "Is a big mess how do we solve it without it blowing up in our face".

Sadly New Labour and probably Corbyn are 100% dedicated to make housing more expensive every year for ever far worse than the tories - possibly I should have compared them to 20 years vs 9 years in prison.

Not sure. Blair's dark acyotists absolutely, yet Corbyn has made a lot of noise about housing and pledged to build more homes.

Yet as Clegg taught us, what they say and do tends to be mutually exclusive. Plus pledge to extend help to buy.

Edited by PopGun

HOLA444
5 hours ago, Tiger131 said:

Would the reaction be the same if it were any of the following workers who were priced out? 

Workers who maintain the electricity supply.

Workers who ensure there is running water, and sewage.

Workers who ensure the roads are in a good state of repair.

Workers who make sure there is food in the supermarket.

Workers who make the trains run.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

It probably strikes a chord because teaching should be seen as a comfortable, respectable profession that requires a degree.

Also everybody knows or has known a teacher so they can relate to it. Not everyone knows a broadband installation man,

HOLA445

I think part of the point is 28 grand is around the mean average national wage, of course this would be higher than average in many towns. I have no knowledge of where this woman lives, but I cant believe incomes alone in a free market are able to support the levels of rent she has to pay.

HOLA446

A teaching assistant salary in London is advertised at £19k per annum. Teachers salaries are £35k per annum. I think the living wage should be increased to £25ph hour so they can afford to make ends meet. 

Maybe start a petition to raise interest rates.. 100000 signatures required for it to be brought into parliament. 

HOLA447
5 hours ago, PopGun said:

Not sure. Blair's dark acyotists absolutely, yet Corbyn has made a lot of noise about housing and pledged to build more homes.

Yet as Clegg taught us, what they say and do tends to be mutually exclusive. Plus pledge to extend help to buy.

I think Corbyn will take us to Venezuela 2.0 - I have put my name down on an allotment just in case he wins.  In a couple of year allotment gardeners will be able to have any woman they want if he wins - I am married so there will be no silver lining for me.

HOLA448
44 minutes ago, maverick73 said:

A teaching assistant salary in London is advertised at £19k per annum. Teachers salaries are £35k per annum. I think the living wage should be increased to £25ph hour so they can afford to make ends meet. 

Maybe start a petition to raise interest rates.. 100000 signatures required for it to be brought into parliament. 

An increase in the living wage.. Landlords find out they will just put the rent up! The problem is not the wages, it is the most expensive outgoing, housing..

2nd home tax for me is the solution, make them pay extra for having multiple houses.. make it so expensive they have to sell and crash the prices.. BTL parasites never earned a penny of their housing wealth, the tenants did.

HOLA449
18 minutes ago, macca13 said:

An increase in the living wage.. Landlords find out they will just put the rent up! The problem is not the wages, it is the most expensive outgoing, housing..

2nd home tax for me is the solution, make them pay extra for having multiple houses.. make it so expensive they have to sell and crash the prices.. BTL parasites never earned a penny of their housing wealth, the tenants did.

MPs are landlords so I doubt that will ever happen, unless MPs are for working in the best interests of all, not just the few.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
6 minutes ago, ChewingGrass said:

I have a spare double room ideal for one or two young female teachers, applicants must be single, not in a relationship and willing to ride stoker on my tandem at weekends.

willing to ride stoker on my tandem! Is that code? 2 single female teachers? just greedy.. Next thing you will be asking for the cane to be brought back :D

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
9 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

I think Corbyn will take us to Venezuela 2.0 - I have put my name down on an allotment just in case he wins.  In a couple of year allotment gardeners will be able to have any woman they want if he wins - I am married so there will be no silver lining for me.

Yes because the capitalists didn't need bailing out or anything.

HOLA4414
18 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

There is a bit of a rotation going on into Equities and houses are really struggling. Corbyn isn't going to allow this to continue, those wealth extractors need a good 50% hike in tax so we can get back to what we do best,  Labour supporters swapping houses with each other in Islington and Cambridge. Who bloody needs a private sector anyway when we can generate wealth on houses.

The stats speak for themselves, 1997, cheapest post war house prices. Labour tripled houses prices to 2010. Prices since 2010 have fallen in real terms except in Southern Labour wards where resistance to price falls is greatest amongst the Polly Toynbee types.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
12 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

You could pimp your wife for toilet paper.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
12 hours ago, macca13 said:

Surely in a free market, the prices would reflect earnings. Problem is millions now live in private rentals with the rent paid by the state. Build tiny council houses and put the non-working in them. Then without the largesse propping up the rents, they'd have to fall to reflect what people actually earn.

HOLA4419
12 hours ago, ChewingGrass said:

I have a spare double room ideal for one or two young female teachers, applicants must be single, not in a relationship

I second this. Obviously they must also be attractive and not overweight as well.

Possibly they could send pictures/stats before turning up to view the rooms or applying.

Edited by Errol

HOLA4420
10 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

Well I don't think New Labour managed the economy well - but Corbyn said that Chavez showed us that wealth can be shared so presumably wants to copy him.

I think whether you are a Labour supporter or a Tory supporter comes down to whether you believe your living standards are covered by government guarantees. If you have cast iron final salary guarantees why worry about the general economy becoming another  becoming another South American basket case so long as Labour keep houses prices up (as they have always  done). For those of us who have no recourse to benefits or public sector guarantees we would be in for a serious head kicking to pay for those more equal.

HOLA4421
17 minutes ago, Unbowed said:

Surely in a free market, the prices would reflect earnings. Problem is millions now live in private rentals with the rent paid by the state. Build tiny council houses and put the non-working in them. Then without the largesse propping up the rents, they'd have to fall to reflect what people actually earn.

I have been saying for years that the solution in London is to tell everyone who lives there, doesn't work there and has the Government paying their rent to move to Middlesborough, Glasgow etc.  I have a 25% LTV mortgage and that would probably put me into negative equity but it would be worth it to make the country fairer - saying that I doubt it will ever happen.

Edited by iamnumerate

HOLA4422
7 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

I think whether you are a Labour supporter or a Tory supporter comes down to whether you believe your living standards are covered by government guarantees. If you have cast iron final salary guarantees why worry about the general economy becoming another  becoming another South American basket case so long as Labour keep houses prices up (as they have always  done). For those of us who have no recourse to benefits or public sector guarantees we would be in for a serious head kicking to pay for those more equal.

Of course money with no goods to buy is worthless  - hence why I am on the allotment waiting list.  I just hope I get one on time - or better still Corbyn doesn't win.

HOLA4423
On 2017-5-23 at 9:08 PM, The Spaniard said:

Our commercially issued, debt-based money system is expensive and illogical.

It is hugely to the advantage of the money issuers and to the disadvantage of the money users.

Are we really too beaten down, uninformed and/or conditioned to recognize this and to change it?

I hear you at least.

However, whomever I talk to about this simply cannot get how the system is rigged against genuine prosperity and stability.

I'm not even sure Corbyn/McDonnell do, but the thing that made me join the Labour Party was their mumblings about LVT so maybe...

HOLA4424
HOLA4425