House Price Crash Forum

Homeless professionals ( well teachers )

HOLA441
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

A lot of teachers supported Blair/Brown who started this mess.  If prices had increased with inflation from 97 to today £1350 pcm would be enough to buy a great place in London.

Saying that teaching can be really badly paid £50 for a half day - no benefits in some cases.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

People think something is wrong but they can't quite put their finger on it

It's the biggest con in history

Our commercially issued, debt-based money system is expensive and illogical.

It is hugely to the advantage of the money issuers and to the disadvantage of the money users.

Are we really too beaten down, uninformed and/or conditioned to recognize this and to change it?

HOLA4411
2 hours ago, Sajid the Taxmeister said:

It is typical, but should fill people with shame.  I live in the SE, and it is normal to see Farm Workers cottages that would be unaffordable for Bank Managers.

In some places its even worse. What were once small terraced houses for blue collar workers are out of reach for doctors and lawyers, forget bubble, its a mega bubble

HOLA4412

My landlord recently sent round someone to value the flat, so that he could remortgage. I guess I will be out soon or my rent is about to shoot up.

Teacher or hedge trimmer everyone who works has a right to buy their own home at reasonable price.

HOLA4413
16 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I remember the days when teachers lived in big houses and were the very epitomy of middleclass-dom

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/may/23/homeless-teachers-ashamed-housing-crisis-professionals?CMP=share_btn_tw

Not being funny but shes obviously deluded if she thinks she can afford 1,000 a month rent on a 28k salary. Get real love.

A 3 bed house in bath? at 80% of income. Clearly not a maths teacher.

Yes it sucks. but hey ho you could have just got a smaller place.

HOLA4414

Would the reaction be the same if it were any of the following workers who were priced out? 

Workers who maintain the electricity supply.

Workers who ensure there is running water, and sewage.

Workers who ensure the roads are in a good state of repair.

Workers who make sure there is food in the supermarket.

Workers who make the trains run.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
22 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

A lot of teachers supported Blair/Brown who started this mess.  If prices had increased with inflation from 97 to today £1350 pcm would be enough to buy a great place in London.

Saying that teaching can be really badly paid £50 for a half day - no benefits in some cases.

I hear what you say, but given their actions since 2010, do you really think it would have been any different under the Tories?

HOLA4420
1 hour ago, Eddie_George said:

Ironic, considering teachers are some of the UK's most notorious BTLers 

Indeed mentioned on here before I know of a teacher just retired in her 60s got nice pension but already talking about investing in property ...meanwhile the younger teachers as shown in this article are struggling..

HOLA4421
Just now, Nabby81 said:

Indeed mentioned on here before I know of a teacher just retired in her 60s got nice pension but already talking about investing in property ...meanwhile the younger teachers as shown in this article are struggling..

Yep. Just confirms this is a date of birth thing rather than a sector thing.

Your lifestyle is determined by the year you were born it seems. 

HOLA4422
1 minute ago, PopGun said:

I hear what you say, but given their actions since 2010, do you really think it would have been any different under the Tories?

Well like everyone I despise HTB but as the Tories brought in S24, benefit cap and the stamp duty for second properties I would say that they are slightly better than Labour.  I mean slightly better in as being imprisoned for 9 years is better than for 10 years - I don't mean they are great.

Although to be fair to the Tories they probably didn't want a crash and to lose in 2015 - I blame the electorate more than Labour and the Tories.

HOLA4423
2 hours ago, Tiger131 said:

Would the reaction be the same if it were any of the following workers who were priced out? 

Workers who maintain the electricity supply.

Workers who ensure there is running water, and sewage.

Workers who ensure the roads are in a good state of repair.

Workers who make sure there is food in the supermarket.

Workers who make the trains run.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

This ^

Many of which are paid much less than teachers. Dirty proles would never get a voice in the guardian. The same sort of peasantry who voted for brexit.

HOLA4424
3 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

Well like everyone I despise HTB but as the Tories brought in S24, benefit cap and the stamp duty for second properties I would say that they are slightly better than Labour.  I mean slightly better in as being imprisoned for 9 years is better than for 10 years - I don't mean they are great.

Although to be fair to the Tories they probably didn't want a crash and to lose in 2015 - I blame the electorate more than Labour and the Tories.

Horse bolted etc, but I suppose token gestures are better than nothing.

The 9 against 10 years prison analogy was a good one.

HOLA4425
4 minutes ago, PopGun said:

Horse bolted etc, but I suppose token gestures are better than nothing.

The 9 against 10 years prison analogy was a good one.

I am glad that you like it, of course if you take the view that horse bolted then the Tories aren't to blame if they can put it back in the saddle.

I would say that the Tories are schizophrenic on housing, half the time they are trying to catch the horse, the other half they are trying to encourage to run.  Whether this is because they are schizophrenic or because they think this "Is a big mess how do we solve it without it blowing up in our face".

Sadly New Labour and probably Corbyn are 100% dedicated to make housing more expensive every year for ever far worse than the tories - possibly I should have compared them to 20 years vs 9 years in prison.