House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Living next to farmland

If your garden bordered farmland would you worry about the chemicals used the might drift on the breeze into your garden and get inhaled?

Am I in chemtrails territory?

Well do you worry that rather than inhaling the chemicals you are literally eating them when you consume food off that farm (or another like it,)

9 hours ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

If your garden bordered farmland would you worry about the chemicals used the might drift on the breeze into your garden and get inhaled?

Am I in chemtrails territory?

I would not worry about chemicals at all.

I would worry about whether farmer was planning to build barns, sheds, christmas tree plantations and eventually houses on the farmland.

I live in a house that backs directly onto farmland. The friendly farmer's soon like to ride motorbikes round and round the field. The friendly farmer planyed a load of trees right next to the boundary which have caused subsidence of the house and block out natural light. The friendly farmer refuses to remove the trees. The friendly farmer has now got permission to build houses on the land. Thank God we only rent it because of I owned it I probably would have had a mental breakdown

3 hours ago, BristolBuyer said:

I would worry about whether farmer was planning to build barns, sheds, christmas tree plantations and eventually houses on the farmland.

Or hold a pop festival...

7 hours ago, BristolBuyer said:

More so that, but I wouldn't be keen on having crops sprayed  with heaven knows what either. I would be less bothered if it wasn't arable farmland, and the worst to worry about was the occasional smell of manure. Still all sounds better than living surrounded by depressing modern houses.

8 hours ago, mrdirkles said:

I live in a house that backs directly onto farmland. The friendly farmer's soon like to ride motorbikes round and round the field. The friendly farmer planyed a load of trees right next to the boundary which have caused subsidence of the house and block out natural light. The friendly farmer refuses to remove the trees. The friendly farmer has now got permission to build houses on the land. Thank God we only rent it because of I owned it I probably would have had a mental breakdown

News flash, a lot (most?) farmers couldn't care less about the countryside, and would happily have their farm turned into a Barratt housing estate if it was legally possible.

7 hours ago, reddog said:

News flash, a lot (most?) farmers couldn't care less about the countryside, and would happily have their farm turned into a Barratt housing estate if it was legally possible.

They're human beings, just the same as the rest. Which means happy to fvck over anything worthwhile for a few pennies or a bit of temporary convenience.

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:28 PM, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

It might be less risky than living next to a busy road and inhaling all the pollution from the passing traffic.

I remember reading once that people who lived in the countryside were happier - perhaps they put something in the chemicals?

21 minutes ago, Broken biscuit said:

It might be less risky than living next to a busy road and inhaling all the pollution from the passing traffic.

I remember reading once that people who lived in the countryside were happier - perhaps they put something in the chemicals?

Or just that it's a much less depressing, stressing environment (on the whole). Somewhat countered by fewer job prospects so more stress about getting by.

3 hours ago, Riedquat said:

Or just that it's a much less depressing, stressing environment (on the whole). Somewhat countered by fewer job prospects so more stress about getting by.

You might be on to something there - from someone who lives in a very rural location (backing on to farmland).

Diesel has an alleged proved effect on mental health (or so the article I read suggested). Something bad happened anyway.