House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Si1

When will the help to buy htb schemes end?

"When will the help to buy htb schemes end?"

if you had asked Google this exact question rather than starting a new thread, I'm sure you would have got the answer. 

2 hours ago, Ah-so said:

"When will the help to buy htb schemes end?"

if you had asked Google this exact question rather than starting a new thread, I'm sure you would have got the answer. 

The trouble is it's so complex, with different schemes and different opinions

In a similar vein if anyone interested, I was wondering about the Lifetime ISA:    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/lifetime-ISAs

In the above link Ctrl + f then Copy and paste quote if you want to find:  "To get the bonus you'll just need to buy a property that costs £450,000 or less with any residential mortgage (not buy to let). That includes Right to Buy, shared ownership, self-builds, and Help to Buy loans."

So you are not allowed to use LISA as a cash purchase, you HAVE TO use the banks (another tax payer supported prop for the banks). If you only want a small place then you might have to get a more expensive place in order to justify a mortgage in order to justify using LISA. Also you are allowed to use it for "Right to Buy", something which has ended in Scotland, and is ending in Wales because they aren't greedy, low value and s*it. So what is the long term future of HTB?

https://www.theguardian.com/housing-network/2016/jul/06/wales-government-right-to-buy-policy-social-housing

Edited by Arpeggio

5 hours ago, Si1 said:

Do we have a timetable for prop removal?

They let the genie out of the bottle, and no amount of Vaseline will see it get rammed back in.

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, btd1981 said:

They let the genie out of the bottle, and no amount of Vaseline will see it get rammed back in.

I think that's right...it is a scheme that is difficult to reverse without dampening the market which of course they are loathed to do.  I don't think they thought about how it would end...that was for the future and who cares about the future...?