House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Banks, barmaids, garage conversion ... what could go wrong?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/mum-cannabis-farm-fraud-mortgage-13055939

'A mother who allowed her garage to be converted into a cannabis factory secured a huge mortgage by telling lenders she earned £45,000 as a barmaid.'

OK, bit of enterprise there. Maybe spoons is really busy?

'A PAYE number on a P60 form she submitted with her application to the building society was found to have never existed.'

Oh not good.

'Manchester Crown Court heard how she was the owner of a total of four homes, including a house in Southport and also in the West Yorkshire village of Skelmanthorpe.'

Owner? You sure? IO BTLer surely?

Dont worry. Happy ending!

'Walker admitted fraud by false representation but escaped jail after telling a judge she is now pregnant with twins.

She was previously given a suspended jail term in 2015 for producing cannabis at a time when she was also pregnant with her third child.'

Maybe thatis is Fatties plan - claim to be pregnant?

This really annoyed me, 

"But she was found by a court to have benefited to the tune of £487,000 and was ordered to pay back £113,000 . 

Subsequent investigations revealed she had used a fraudulent template she bought online to apply for the mortgage on the Manchester house in January 2013."

So you can keep the profits of crime if your a woman and expecting, how very un-PC. I won't be holding my breath to hear feminists railing against a 'sexist' judge though.

Secondly this fraud was committed at a time when supposedly the finance sector had been sorted out. No it hasn't nor will it ever be till fraud is treated as crime and the perpetrators face proper penalties.

3 minutes ago, Blod said:

This really annoyed me, 

"But she was found by a court to have benefited to the tune of £487,000 and was ordered to pay back £113,000 . 

Subsequent investigations revealed she had used a fraudulent template she bought online to apply for the mortgage on the Manchester house in January 2013."

So you can keep the profits of crime if your a woman and expecting, how very un-PC. I won't be holding my breath to hear feminists railing against a 'sexist' judge though.

Secondly this fraud was committed at a time when supposedly the finance sector had been sorted out. No it hasn't nor will it ever be till fraud is treated as crime and the perpetrators face proper penalties.

Its just money. They need to claim it all back + interest. Take it from her stae pension.

Not quite sorted out. There were a few years post 2009, pre MMR when some of the mortgages were insane.

2012-late 2014 was just as insane.

2 hours ago, spyguy said:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/mum-cannabis-farm-fraud-mortgage-13055939

'A mother who allowed her garage to be converted into a cannabis factory secured a huge mortgage by telling lenders she earned £45,000 as a barmaid.'

OK, bit of enterprise there. Maybe spoons is really busy?

'A PAYE number on a P60 form she submitted with her application to the building society was found to have never existed.'

Oh not good.

'Manchester Crown Court heard how she was the owner of a total of four homes, including a house in Southport and also in the West Yorkshire village of Skelmanthorpe.'

Owner? You sure? IO BTLer surely?

Dont worry. Happy ending!

'Walker admitted fraud by false representation but escaped jail after telling a judge she is now pregnant with twins.

She was previously given a suspended jail term in 2015 for producing cannabis at a time when she was also pregnant with her third child.'

Maybe thatis is Fatties plan - claim to be pregnant?

Sorry, forgetting circumstances, what kind of future has her kids got?  Do people really drop them out on a whim and not consider what s*** life they may have?

3 minutes ago, giggler000 said:

Sorry, forgetting circumstances, what kind of future has her kids got?  Do people really drop them out on a whim and not consider what s*** life they may have?

Father-of-25 Jeffrey Wiltshire, 52, gave girlfriend Rosalin Baker, 25, the thumbs up as she boarded the number 25 in Stratford, east London, with the dead body of little Imani strapped to her chest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4517902/Couple-tortured-allowed-death-baby-jailed.html

I won't rant, but social care came into being when this country had morals. It's not fit for purpose today, and could be said even exacerbates many problems.

45 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Its just money. They need to claim it all back + interest. Take it from her stae pension.

Not quite sorted out. There were a few years post 2009, pre MMR when some of the mortgages were insane.

2012-late 2014 was just as insane.

So from 2014 everything was hunky dory?

C_8DEGtUwAAjlO7.png:small 

24 minutes ago, giggler000 said:

The children are a cash cow to single mothers, nothing more.

I know of one girl who's forty, four children by three different men. Oldest 25, one 14, one 3, one 18 months.

Worked two years in total since leaving school at minimum wage jobs, picks up over 20k a year in benefits. Sits on Fb, tinder, Snapchat, WhatsApp etc all day whilst barely giving the kids a second glance.

Welcome to Britain 2017.

24 minutes ago, WinstonSmith said:

I know of one girl who's forty, four children by three different men. Oldest 25, one 14, one 3, one 18 months.

Worked two years in total since leaving school at minimum wage jobs, picks up over 20k a year in benefits. Sits on Fb, tinder, Snapchat, WhatsApp etc all day whilst barely giving the kids a second glance.

Welcome to Britain 2017.

Sums it up. All politicians need to read this...

56 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

So from 2014 everything was hunky dory?

C_8DEGtUwAAjlO7.png:small 

the indice 100 being set on Apr 11 makes no sense, there is no value in this graph

45 minutes ago, WinstonSmith said:

Welcome to Britain 2017.

We have one in our village, 4 kids by 3 different men spaced in such away that she hasn't worked her entire life (now 38). One of her children has special needs (somewhere on the autistic spectrum) that has not only bumped up the benefits but also leapfrogged two of her children into an oversubscribed school and here we all fall out of the catchment area. They get a taxi too and from school and I can only guess we are paying the tab for that also.

I opened this post hoping to find something different....along the lines of barmaids living in garages... what could be better? My own bar maid, in my garage?

1 hour ago, longtomsilver said:

We have one in our village, 4 kids by 3 different men spaced in such away that she hasn't worked her entire life (now 38). One of her children has special needs (somewhere on the autistic spectrum) that has not only bumped up the benefits but also leapfrogged two of her children into an oversubscribed school and here we all fall out of the catchment area. They get a taxi too and from school and I can only guess we are paying the tab for that also.

1 hour ago, WinstonSmith said:

Welcome to Britain 2017.

And we are told that all these examples are just rare anecdotal evidence, there's an awful  lot of them. Well for my sins I help at a local school, between ten and twenty five percent of every class has children from 'families' like these. A recent phenomenon is EEs single mothers who are unable/will to parent their offspring post split. Seems to be a cultural thing.

3 hours ago, longtomsilver said:

yes I know someone with kids that get a taxi to school and back everyday...he definitely doesn't pay.  It is paid for by the school I believe.  They couldn't fit the kids into the nearby school (over subscribed - guess why?)...the mother can't drive (she is from SE Asia) and they live a  little outside of town so can't get the kids to school on own account.

6 hours ago, WinstonSmith said:

Welcome to Britain 2017.

That's nothing I went to see a friend called Y abroad who used to live in the UK and I was complaining about the system.  The friend said that x (who must have been 25+)'s Mum has never worked.   Y's mum who had never lived in the UK couldn't believe it.  BTW Y and Mother lived in zone 2 of London - plenty of jobs there.

51 minutes ago, thisisthisitmaybe said:

We need a Puritan Revolution, backed up by the gallows. Only way to balance the books.

No.

Just make benefits contribution based and time limited.

59 minutes ago, thisisthisitmaybe said:

We need a Puritan Revolution, backed up by the gallows. Only way to balance the books.

I think it's where we are heading. I honestly think people will eventually say enough is enough when we descend far enough into the toilet and we'll end up as an Islamic state to reimpose some semblance of morality and order.

Or we'll just collapse into Mad Max world.....

6 hours ago, wsn03 said:

I opened this post hoping to find something different....along the lines of barmaids living in garages... what could be better? My own bar maid, in my garage?

Likewise. I was expecting a revelation around cannabis and home ownership. Can't be long until cannabis is legalised here in the UK, and I for one can't think of a better way to pay that mortgage than converting your garage or spare room into a huge hydroponic greenhouse. Beats getting a tenant in ;-) 

10 minutes ago, spyguy said:

No.

Just make benefits contribution based and time limited.

It would certainly remove the current perverse incentives to open your legs to every passing man and then watch the money roll in.

The number of women who will get to their mid fifties having barely or never worked is phenomenal.

1 hour ago, WinstonSmith said:

I think it's where we are heading. I honestly think people will eventually say enough is enough when we descend far enough into the toilet and we'll end up as an Islamic state to reimpose some semblance of morality and order.

The point of Organised Religion is not that it is Religious, but that it is Organised. It creates Taboos to intimidate people into acting in a more socially constructive way. It rewards virtuous behavior. Of course it's corrupt at the top, as all institutions are, but it's increasingly clear: When the Faith dies, the Civilization dies.

There's never been a Golden Age but there are gradations of dissipation and it's clear England 2017 is up there with Hogarth's Gin Lane, before Wesley and the Victorians turned things around.

The Evangelicals are making a good go of it but like you I fear the socially conservative reaction is going to arrive in the UK through the religion of the sword. It could be preferable to total anarchy and social collapse. 

We are living in revolutionary times - I think that is one of the reasons the suicide rate among "normal" people is going up as people are losing hope of not just a better future, but of a future which isn't going to be much much much worse.

38 minutes ago, thisisthisitmaybe said:

The point of Organised Religion is not that it is Religious, but that it is Organised. It creates Taboos to intimidate people into acting in a more socially constructive way. It rewards virtuous behavior. Of course it's corrupt at the top, as all institutions are, but it's increasingly clear: When the Faith dies, the Civilization dies.

There's never been a Golden Age but there are gradations of dissipation and it's clear England 2017 is up there with Hogarth's Gin Lane, before Wesley and the Victorians turned things around.

The Evangelicals are making a good go of it but like you I fear the socially conservative reaction is going to arrive in the UK through the religion of the sword. It could be preferable to total anarchy and social collapse. 

We are living in revolutionary times - I think that is one of the reasons the suicide rate among "normal" people is going up as people are losing hope of not just a better future, but of a future which isn't going to be much much much worse.

Great post. 

I think your gin lane analogy is spot on: there really does seem to be a sense of utter self destruction and self indulgence in the air. This is what nihilism looks like I suppose.

We're like people who are stumbling around in the ruins of a once great civilisation with no idea that we are their descendants and with no link left to them whatsoever.

As we bask in the warm afterglow of Christianity I wonder what comes when the embers are finally cold.

‘She felt her employer was at fault for failing to provide her with the payslips. But ultimately she did exaggerate her income to be able to get the mortgage.’

Yeah that's right you narcissistic trollop, blame everyone else but yourself. :wacko: The employer's so alleged failure to provide wage slips forced her to lie about her income. Why not blame the employer for putting the cannabis plants in your garage?

Furthermore, shouldn't someone at Newcastle BS be dragged over the coals for this? Someone hasn't done their due diligence in checking what bar staff in the area actually earn.

Once again, thanks to our gynocentric society and legal processes, a woman escapes proper jail time cos she got up the spout. How convenient for her - and at that ripe old age too.

On 19/05/2017 at 4:29 PM, WinstonSmith said:

I'm thinking along similar lines. There is a wonderful and disturbing book by Ferdinand Mount ("Full Circle"), describing how eerily similar current society is to the later stage of the classical world: decadent, huge societal inequalities, and completely secular. Cicero tried to reinvent a religious sentiment (the "dream of Scipio") because he saw that the self-restraint of religious belief was in fact needed to counteract the excesses of the elite. However, that attempt failed - or rather, it was overtaken by a revolutionary cult coming out of the slums and the communities of slaves and immigrants. That dangerous cult found enough fertile soil of discontent to grow up and destroy the classical world. It's been out for a few years, but it was obvious right away that fundamentalist Islam is in a position to take on that role of early Christianity. Hopefully it won't, but if not, I'm conviced that some new cult will.