House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mikhail Liebenstein

Pay rises - what did you get?

This year 2% company maximum, but got a bonus of about 1% of salary

last year 0.3% again company pay freeze. small bonus.  

Edited by jiltedjen

Uplift was 1.1%, but I went up a spine point giving the equivalent of 3%. I'm going to have to step my game up as I run out of spine points at this grade in a few months. Or I could just coast, but winter inflation is coming.

Should find out on Monday if I'm going to get some sort of bonus too. I'm hopeful [EDIT: given the extra work I've had to do over the last year], and if it doesn't turn up it might be time to look for a move.

Edited by Inoperational Bumblebee

Nothing to complain in the world of data analysis/ science. Still a noobie, and got +40% by changing job. Performance are good so I'll aim for an extra 15% in Jan. I still got 1% company pay rise which was not expected

1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Just had a pay rise:  3.6% on my basic and OTE.

Also given some shares, vesting over 4 years.

Why create two threads? :(

Payrise agreed Jan (contract). Boss nervy now not bringing it up, personally I see a good old downturn approach-eth. Last conversation I suggested I was getting tempted by a 2 day week :D. He said he couldn't consider that. I replied, 'That's what my wife said'. I am starting to think I like watching Boss squirm more than the few hundred quid payrise. Inflation changes the game ;).

Not been with my company a year so not eligible yet :( but high rated performers getting 0.8%, 1.2% or 1.8% based on performance grades, not even keeping up with CPI, let alone RPI :(

My day rate is about 25% less than last year. Such is the contract world !

Next year it could be lower or higher. Just got to go along with it. 

0%, been that way for 3 years now, am overpaid for what I do, so won't be changing jobs till I am pushed .. on the flip side, mortgage is repaid , energy bills will be 80% less for the next 17 years, hatches are battened for the coming disruption ..

Edited by moneyfornothing
Spelling

1 hour ago, VancouverGuy said:

4% + a load of stock and options. Engineering.

If you're getting less than inflation, then ... erm ... why aren't you changing jobs?

Can I be an engineer with no qualifications in engineering? If so where do I apply?

Tad bit less than 20% plus 5% bonus last year. Next one coming up in a few months. Not expecting it to be as generous but will be switching jobs if it's not up to scratch. 

39 minutes ago, interestrateripoff said:

Can I be an engineer with no qualifications in engineering? If so where do I apply?

Yes.  Sorry who do you want to speak to?  please hold I'll put you through.  Engineer is everyone today...

New job, +9K over last and 10% bonus.  Inflation everywhere, post office round the corner from new job wants 90p for cadbury caramel.  When I was a kid the BP garriage down the road sold coke for 23p a CAN, just 2p more than the corner shop and Polo's were 8p a pack.  Suddenly I don't feel so better off esp when 2 houses down my road where i rent that have been on market for over a year, well over priced IMHO have both just sold.  Only good thing, rent has not gone up, yet

8 hours ago, Quicksilver said:

high rated performers getting 0.8%

Is that a joke?

I can imagine Gordon Brown awarding high rated performers a rise of 0%.

Edited by Errol

2% and 5% bonus. Lowest in 9 years but serves me right for criticising a partner in the confidential end of year reviews! Won't do that again!

who cares...?  1,2 or 3%?  it hardly makes any difference.  Income is not the point...it is all about wealth now and particularly property wealth.  I am surprised when I hear on the news what a worry it is that inflation is marginally above ave wage growth...what is it now ..?  2.7% v around 2%?  So around 0.7% lower income in real terms..?  Well so what when the cost of your typical house in the neighbourhood has increased by £50-£100,000 over the last year...That is rather more than 0.7% of my income...its all a load of bull.  I don't work for the money anymore...its mostly confiscated by the landlord classes in rent anyway...I work for my own dignity and self realisation.