House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steppenpig

Android storage

sorry, too lazy to do my own research. my phone says:

total Storage 8gb

total space 4.72gb

available 330mb

then a list of saved apps and data that amount to about  ~ 1.3 ~ 1.4gb

I'm guessing the operating system uses (8-4.72) =3.28 gb ?

Anyone able to reconcile the numbers for me? I probably need to buy an SD card.

I'm same. Very annoying. Lots of apps don't allow a move to the SD card as well. Think you can get around this with some sort of hard reset type thing. 

If i could delete all the pish pointless apps i don't need that come with my phone i would be fine. 

Try clearing cache for chrome. It can be 100 meg plus easy. ****** knows what it stores. 

Yes, my kids had 8GB Android tablets and I found these painful as I had to keep acting as a storage admin.

Steppenpig is correct in that the OS consumers capacity along with Apps and Data.

A few tricks I found:

1) Clear Application caches

2) Look out for deleted movies that haven't really cleared - though last time I found these I had to do a system reset as free up the storage failed.

3) Consider downloading FX [File Explorer] for Android, as this can help keep things tidy.

4) Move anything possible to an SD card, though Android isn't great for this.

You can delete system apps if you root the phone. Kingo Root is free and has always worked for me, DYOR though obv. I found that being rooted stopped my Note 3 from updating itself to Android 5, but since it was working absolutely fine on 4.4 I wasn't worried.

Once rooted, you can use the free app Apps2SD to easily clear caches, delete system apps, and move apps to an SD card if you buy one.