House Price Crash Forum
music man

Congratulation Ftb'ers

Well I thank all of you for every comment posted here and Halifax for their latest report helping our cause - who'd a thought. http://www.hbosplc.com/economy/includes/UKQ42005.doc

I'm so fu**ing happy it's unbelievable. I'm soon off to run naked throught the streets posting the graph through every estate agents post box, get nabbed by the old bill for indecent exposure - have my photo taken and tell my story. Check the National Press tomorrow for my Rosey cheeks on the front page with House Crash printed all over them.

Just a thought.

p.5 is where to look.

What's wrong with everyone? Don't you read previous threads?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=22924

It was realised on the quiet midday yesterday.

I'm glad your happy Music Man! :D

Yes you're right Jason - and thanks to you for posting it in the first place. I am just a bit puzzled by the relative lack of response to what is (from the bear perpsective) very good news. I cracked open the champagne yesterday and expected lots of jubilation on HPC today.

Yes you're right Jason - and thanks to you for posting it in the first place. I am just a bit puzzled by the relative lack of response to what is (from the bear perpsective) very good news. I cracked open the champagne yesterday and expected lots of jubilation on HPC today.

Yes, it is good if it's down in your area, but some people will be dissapointed.

I thought about reminding the media, but they would just spin it to suit themseleves, so I didn't bother.

When the next Halifax report comes out (early feb?), it will be spun to death, and a lot of bulls will gloat as usual - but hopefully the public will look at the report, see the breakdown, and see what's happening in their area!

Edited by Jason

Sorry for not quoting Jason but you made my day, my tomorrow and my year in one unarguable moment and it needs to be in flashing lights. And it's the Halifax's data

For today my friend you are my search hero. Pat on the back.

Yipeeeeeeeee

Yes, it is good if it's down in your area, but some people will be dissapointed.

I thought about reminding the media, but they would just spin it to suit themseleves, so I didn't bother.

When the next Halifax report comes out (early feb?), it will be spun to death, and a lot of bulls will gloat as usual - but hopefully the public will look at the report and see what's happening in their area!

Yes I can see that. If we all lived in Somerset...

But the crash is a process not an event - and the geographical distribution shown in the Halifax county table is so clear I think we can expect to see the process roll out. I lived in Scotland until recently and belive me incomes just do not support the house price mania that was going on there in Spring 2005.

Devon South-West 192,065 181,396 -6%

well that is really a very nice thing to read..

didn't see it on the BBC this morning though..

weird.. I must have missed it.

bigger then any yearly drop during the last crash..

You have to remember that inflation in the south west has been close to 300%

it is logical .. to drop further.. has further to go

Edited by apom

As a potential FTB yes, I am over the Moon.

My region (Tyne & Wear) may only be down 1% but the North always follows the south.

My savings plan is going well and when I will be ready to move out (18-24 Months) I will have a healthy deposit saved of £50k.

Whilst my poorly financially knowledgable friends snigger at me living at home at 24, I will be the one with a smaller mortagage in a better home in the future.

Good things come to those who wait.

(As well as those with common sense to know when they are being fleeced)

Not surprised personally. Don't forget that it looked like it was tipping back in Q3 of 2005 but there was a second wind. I think we are waiting to see if this is the beginning of a sustained trajectory. The waves of HP change roll out from London. These HBOS figures are strikingly wavy. Who knows if the killer wave is coming next with no peaks in the regions to offset it. That'll sweep away the confidence.

The stock market rally has been a big factor in 2005 by the way. Lots of people who should be getting nervous about stagnation in property investment might have been bouyed up by the general, or their own, paper wealth growth in shares.

Meanwhile central bankers are wringing their hands over inflated asset prices all over. Well they might. Economies are more difficult to drive than cars. You've only got one lever to use (and 9 people have got a hand on it) and the dashboard has about 300 different dials on it most of which aren't very well labelled.

EP

Norfolk -4%

And it is a process, remember the Scottish and Irish Hype that followed us, well simply put they're gonna follow us and that's going to be amazing throughout U.K.stats.

Try spinning that when the council staff are unemployed, pensionless or at best on strike.

Sorry for not quoting Jason but you made my day, my tomorrow and my year in one unarguable moment and it needs to be in flashing lights. And it's the Halifax's data

For today my friend you are my search hero. Pat on the back.

Yipeeeeeeeee

Sorry to piss on your fire mate - but Its not enough that WE on HPC know this data - we need every man, woman and child to be told this data!!!!

They wont release this info easily.

TB

Economies are more difficult to drive than cars. You've only got one lever to use (and 9 people have got a hand on it) and the dashboard has about 300 different dials on it most of which aren't very well labelled.

shouldn't that be two levers - interest rate and money supply?

great quote though - can I borrow it? :)

my letter to the BBC

The Halifax article linked here is out of date and doesn't reflect the true picture within England certainly. I feel it is completely misleading to the public and I hold you in high esteem and would like to see the page pulled or amended to portray the facts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4616288.stm

go to this page from the halifax http://www.hbosplc.com/economy/quarterlyregionalcomments.asp and link at the bottom of the page - U.K. Overview and then go to p.5.

This data is pretty damning for U.K. housing. And for your reporting I am wholly disapointed.

Could you keep me updated to your choices on whether you are to amend the page and also the progress of outing the facts for England.

If you haven't seen them then you have a really big place in our society to do so and tell people the truth. House prices from 18% up June 2004 to - 2% or -3% without doing too much math. _4% in Norfolk where I'm from. I believe the whole England stats should be promoted seperately. I trust you will agree with the bare facts.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards Ian

I live in London.

• House prices in Greater London rose by 3.6% in 2005 Quarter 4, the second consecutive quarterly increase.

I'm also looking to buy, would you believe!

Given that the BBC openly admit they give more credence to leading lending institutions than anybody else when it comes to such matters they should love this data!

Of course now is when it goes beyond a matter of conjecture between financial commentators and straight into the political realm, Crash Gordon's entire career prospects will follow that HPC graph.

Of course now is when it goes beyond a matter of conjecture between financial commentators and straight into the political realm, Crash Gordon's entire career prospects will follow that HPC graph.

funny

:lol:

Bump. Unbelieeeeevable.

Read the Halifax report and know that all you have read on this site has not been in vain.

It may take a couple of years but where is the cash coming from to reverse it? Nowhere.

30% down by 2008.

Good luck to all those looking for their first house.

CONGRATULATIONS on your perseverance

I said to my wife today that I am soooooo pleased we sold our overpriced flat and removed that mortgage from our necks before we were hung on it

Sanity has been restored

The debate is OVER - prices are coming down and that's a fact.

My buying target is now 2007 / 2008

With all due respect Tempest...

This sorry Nulab mess will take a lot longer than a couple of years to resolve I'm afraid. Don't take my word for it, ask the Japs.

Don't buy property until it becomes more expensive to rent...

I'm with you! Didn't want to appear too negative though. Personally I think we will need several years (3-4?) but then we are into the demogrpahic timebomb period of declining workforce etc etc and so probably a further 5-10 years after that! Damn, you've got me all pessimistic again.

We are f*cked. No two ways about

And I did read it yesterday but didn't get back to you. I was as my name suggests making a track.

Here's my link so have a listen and download.

http://www.myspace.com/emotionalandroid

It would also be nice to know what you all think.

Very nice Music Man! Which software did you use and how long did it take you?

And Jason too...nice find! This report is fantastic!

I don't like pissing on anyone's bonfire, but there are a couple of things about these figures that will keep them off the front pages:

- they are not the Halifax's main index

- they are not mix adjusted

So I'm not too excited yet.

We can't proclaim "crash" just yet even in areas like mine with a -6% figure. That -6% might not represent a price fall at all; it could be due to more FTB / BTL type properties changing hands and less of the 4+ bed stuff. A change in the "mix" can sway these simple averages.

Having said all that, I'd much rather see a lot of negative numbers than positive ones in any Halifax report. Long may it continue :)

Very nice Music Man! Which software did you use and how long did it take you?

And Jason too...nice find! This report is fantastic!

I've been flirting with music software for ages and Propellerheads reason is a great choice. I have a

hardware such as a roland 303 and quasimidi 309 however do not use them anymore.

My tracks take on average 4 hours to write and that is my goal, structured music for the multimedia industry to pay for a house in case the crash didn't happen. Now the crash is happening in earnest and my music's coming on I'm looking to a happy life. Joy of all, joys

It's a real fu**er what's gonaa happen in England though. I hope I don't get hit with work, and I hope there's not too many people shafted.

We can't proclaim "crash" just yet even in areas like mine with a -6% figure. That -6% might not represent a price fall at all; it could be due to more FTB / BTL type properties changing hands and less of the 4+ bed stuff. A change in the "mix" can sway these simple averages.

Having said all that, I'd much rather see a lot of negative numbers than positive ones in any Halifax report. Long may it continue :)

What is your thinking behind this?

FTB'ers are out, BTL's are dead in the water, I say it's worse than the figures show and that sway in the mix is not showing yet to it's full negative by far.

Using your argument it could also be a lot, lot worse.

And that is a major story.