House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

This £1.3million home could be yours for just a FIVER: Homeowner raffles off her five-bedroom property because she can't afford the mortgage

This £1.3million home could be yours for just a FIVER: Homeowner raffles off her five-bedroom property because she can't afford the mortgage

This £1.3m Blackheath home could be yours for just a FIVER

Renu Qadri, who suffers from the skin condition of psoriasis, decided to raffle the furnished family property in Blackheath, South East London, after living in it for 20 years, for 'somebody else to enjoy it'. The mother-of-five said there are too many stairs for her to climb because of her condition - which causes red, flaky, crusty patches of skin covered with silvery scales - and she can't work as much now to afford to live there. But rather than have the property on Hardy Road repossessed, 48-year-old Ms Qadri wants one lucky ticket holder to have a chance to get hold of the keys of the home, which is located near Westcombe Park train station. The raffle winner will get the house with five double bedrooms, a dining room, reception and kitchen diner in a conservation area overlooking Ingleside Gardens and minutes from Greenwich Park and its World Heritage sites.

Lived there 20 years, why not just sell it?

8 minutes ago, interestrateripoff said:

This £1.3m Blackheath home could be yours for just a FIVER

Renu Qadri, who suffers from the skin condition of psoriasis, decided to raffle the furnished family property in Blackheath, South East London, after living in it for 20 years, for 'somebody else to enjoy it'. The mother-of-five said there are too many stairs for her to climb because of her condition - which causes red, flaky, crusty patches of skin covered with silvery scales - and she can't work as much now to afford to live there. But rather than have the property on Hardy Road repossessed, 48-year-old Ms Qadri wants one lucky ticket holder to have a chance to get hold of the keys of the home, which is located near Westcombe Park train station. The raffle winner will get the house with five double bedrooms, a dining room, reception and kitchen diner in a conservation area overlooking Ingleside Gardens and minutes from Greenwich Park and its World Heritage sites.

Lived there 20 years, why not just sell it?

She is concerned about the property being repossessed but the closing date for the raffle is 7 November - six months away. Are the bank happy with the delay - and what happens if she doesn't raise the £1.25m?

The terms and conditions are extensive and they can even extend the closing date until May next year if they dont sell enough.

Something doesn't quite ring true?

As you say why not just sell it?

Edited by MARTINX9

27 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

She is concerned about the property being repossessed but the closing date for the raffle is 7 November - six months away. Are the bank happy with the delay - and what happens if she doesn't raise the £1.25m?

The terms and conditions are extensive and they can even extend the closing date until May next year if they dont sell enough.

Something doesn't quite ring true?

As you say why not just sell it?

My only thought after posting is MEW, MEW, MEW, MEW ooops I can't pay.

I'm really puzzled as to WTF this has to do with the story that they have psoriasis!  Plenty of people suffer from it.

51 minutes ago, LC1 said:

She sounds a bit flakey to me

I'm sending a fiver. I want some skin in the game....

Hasn't this been done before?

im sure a few years ago there were quite a few of these property lotteries going on.

I remember there was some fish farm or something down in the south west.

BF

2 hours ago, fru-gal said:

She wants £3,750,000 (£5 x 750,000 tickets) for her "£1.3 million" pound home :o. Not greedy at all...

Last sold price 1.175 Mil.  Not happy with 1.3. If she doesn't get her 750,000 tickets she'll stick it on with Foxton for 1.175 mill. Plus it's Westcombe park. Not Blackheath. 

Edited by GreenDevil

5 hours ago, BLOW FLY said:

Hasn't this been done before?

im sure a few years ago there were quite a few of these property lotteries going on.

I remember there was some fish farm or something down in the south west.

BF

Yes and iirc it all went a bit Pete Tong for the sellers.... it was greatly followed on this forum

17 hours ago, interestrateripoff said:

I'm really puzzled as to WTF this has to do with the story that they have psoriasis!  Plenty of people suffer from it.

16 hours ago, dkujsbap said:

Yes, was about to say! Both the Mrs and I have psoriasis, doesn't affect my ability to climb the f###ing stairs!

'Psoriatic arthritis' is what she suffers from.

It's the Daily Mail, don't expect too much in terms of editorial quality.

This isn't even a house being raffled. It's just the top two floors - that is, a large flat.

Click on the vendor's site homeraffler.com, ramped in the Mail article.

Set over the top two levels of this imposing detached house on one of Westcombe Park's most desirable roads is this rarely available five/six bedroom conversion spanning over 1,770 sq.

On 5/10/2017 at 6:15 PM, juvenal said:

This isn't even a house being raffled. It's just the top two floors - that is, a large flat.

Click on the vendor's site homeraffler.com, ramped in the Mail article.

Set over the top two levels of this imposing detached house on one of Westcombe Park's most desirable roads is this rarely available five/six bedroom conversion spanning over 1,770 sq.

Update. raffle cancelled. Local council have put the mockers on it...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4499062/Homeowners-turn-raffles-beat-housing-market.html

Carney, Osborne and Cameron should be proud for making modern Britain the great place it is now where no one bats an eyelid about 1.3 million pound RTB ex-council flats. The UK property market is the new Las Vegas.

On 2017-5-13 at 0:27 PM, Gribble said:

Bought by an immigrant with Right to Buy for £375K  - if someone had that much cash why were they allowed a council house?

What a ******ing disgrace. Who thinks up these ******** rules and gives the houses away?

Just read this via a link on the hpc front page. Absolutely incredible greed.

Kudos to the council for putting the kybosh on it!

5 bedroomed flats - i didn't realise they came that big!

Ive a friend who is looking to buy his 3 bed semi council house, similar ones in his street are advertised at 250k, he can buy his for £110k. I forget what discount he gets but the valuation is far less than current market price.

But this is an utter scandal that the local council are effectively handing out million pound houses for a fraction of their actual worth ... at a time council are claiming theyve got no money!