House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
VeryMeanReversion

Neighbours finally done for dodgy build

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4485336/Couple-claimed-extension-house-CARAVAN.htm

I've posted about my neighbour a few times on here but he has finally been caught.

The plot is 9 acres, was bought for £552K around 6 years ago. I offered £325K :)

On picture 5, you can see the top of another building. It has permission for being a cow-shed but it has two storeys and I've never seen the cows climb up to the top floor. The parish council keep monitoring it and as soon as he moves into it, will get another enforcement order against him.  I'd guess this caravan case has taken around four years to resolve since the enforcement notice was made.

There are more (real) caravans hidden out the back which seem to be permanently occupied. I've been told the owner has several properties in Cambridge, including some HMO's.

It looks like he has now modified the "caravan extension" to be compliant with Class E permitted development, that's what I had to do with mine to avoid the nightmare of South Cambs planning.  I fought for over two years before finding enough legal loopholes to bypass the planners (I prefer to use lawful development certificates now)

He has another building on the go but I've heard he was going to build it 7m high but the planners said a maximum of 4m so that has also stalled.

With a bit of sense, the owners could have had a fanastic plot but has ended up with a disaster.

His neighbour applied for a nice 4000sqft house, only managed to get permission because South Cambs were too busy so it went to East Cambs for approval "Nice house, get on with it".  Even then, they build a supposed horse trailer barn and that seems to have turn into a ~2000sqft house.

The article says " 'We always try and work with anyone looking to develop their home or business and even offer some free advice to get them on the right track."

But I found their free advice simply reduced to "use our paid advice service", which basically says "no, no, no".

Did I mention that I hate South Cambs planners!!!!