House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest muttley

Lib Dem Shock Revelation

Guest muttley

Liberal Democrat leadership contender Menzies Campbell admitted on Thursday he had had heterosexual relationships, after twice having denied to newspapers that he was straight.

"I am perfectly willing to say that I have had heterosexual relationships in the past," Campbell, 64, told the Sun. "I hope that does not disqualify me from doing a good job in public life and I proposed to carry on doing that with the usual enthusiasm and determination."

The news left the Lib Dems reeling only days after economics spokesman,Chris Huhne,admitted to not having a drink problem.

"It would be very sad if people who have been married or who are heterosexual felt that their sexuality prevented them from holding high office," Campbell told the Sun.

Campbell intends to fight on in his bid to become Lib Dem Party leader,but party activists were sceptical about the chances of his success.

"It is not about his sexuality,but the fact that he was not prepared to lie about it."said a backbencher wishing to be known as Mr X,but whose real name is Lembit Opik.

"If he is not prepared to lie to the press,then how can he be expected to lie to the country?"

The race continues.....

All them people who are batting on the other side are helping to keep the worlds population down so leave them alone else I’ll hit you with my handbag sweetie .

No chance of Ming "losing his deposit" over a rent boy then?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Makes you think that back in the sixties John Profumo had a fling with Christine Keeler, lied to Parliament which finished his career as a high flying politician, spending the rest of his life doing charity work.

My how things have changed makes him look like a political saint today. :rolleyes:

And we must not forget dear old Jeremy Thorpe with his Bunnie Wunnies.

1963: Profumo resigns over sex scandal

Secretary of State for War, John Profumo, has resigned from government, admitting he lied to Parliament about his relationship with a call girl.

Prime Minister Harold Macmillan accepted the resignation calling it a "great tragedy".

Profumo, 48, made a personal statement to the House of Commons on 22 March in which he admitted being misleading about his relationship with 21-year-old call girl Christine Keeler.

Makes you think that back in the sixties John Profumo had a fling with Christine Keeler, lied to Parliament which finished his career as a high flying politician, spending the rest of his life doing charity work.

My how things have changed makes him look like a political saint today. :rolleyes:

And we must not forget dear old Jeremy Thorpe with his Bunnie Wunnies.

"vote liberal - or we'll shoot your dog!"

EDIT - didn't the late Auberon Waugh stand against jezza thorpe as the 'Dog Lovers Party'?

EDIT2 - yes he did - thank you google!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/obituaries/story...,423748,00.html - a colourful obit!

Guest muttley

There was a joke going around at the time that seems appropriate

Q How do you fit three Liberals (Lib Dems) on a stool?

A. Turn it upside down.

Of course,I would never tell it today. :ph34r: