House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spring Bounce?????

Victims Of Our Own Spin?

Hate to say it guys but things are looking increasingly in the bulls favour for now from my own experience.

A colleague but her house on the market on Saturady and has now all but Sold it today at ABOVE Estate Agent estimates. In all she had fourteen viewings and around nine offers. The EA has actually brought in Saturday staff during the week to handle the increase demand. Her price is above average for her road according to nethouseprices, and by her own admission needs loads of work and decorating.

This isn't newspaper spin but a true story. Looking at other Ea's windows looks like things are picking up again byt the number of Sold and Under Offer stickers.

I think the VI's have scored a Major victory at least for ther mean time.

Hate to say it guys but things are looking increasingly in the bulls favour for now from my own experience.

A colleague but her house on the market on Saturady and has now all but Sold it today at ABOVE Estate Agent estimates. In all she had fourteen viewings and around nine offers. The EA has actually brought in Saturday staff during the week to handle the increase demand. Her price is above average for her road according to nethouseprices, and by her own admission needs loads of work and decorating.

This isn't newspaper spin but a true story. Looking at other Ea's windows looks like things are picking up again byt the number of Sold and Under Offer stickers.

Which area?

so you don't think the estate agent might have deliberately lowered the price to get a sale...and his desperately-needed commision to live on??

what so my mates house that has been on the market for a year and has reduced its price 3 times means the crash is happening ?

:lol:

exactly..

the fact taht not one house on my parents estate has sold since the one and only £250,000 peak

8 have tried..

but some do sell..

Point is that right up to the peak they all sold.

so something has changed.

and its getting cheaper..

Can only speak as I find... today I drove Barnet Herts to Edgware and Stanmore Middx, saw lots of For Sale boards and far, far fewer Sold boards. I looked in the window at EAs in Edgware - I can't be 100pc sure but I think I see some (not all by any means) home prices noticeably down compared to what I recall seeing middle of last year. Edgware was quite a buoyant area from my memory, I don't know if it still is these days, there are less For Sale boards there than on the rest of my route, but certainly very few Sold boards too (on the same route).

The caution I'd give is that sometimes cheap prices in EA's windows turn out to be properties that have "just gone". I didn't go in to enquire (no time).

Some good houses will always have a market.

Could be a good house? Or there are lots of mugs in your area!!

How much have house prices accelerated in the last 3 years in your area?

There are many many factors why this might be happening in your area!

In my area, prices are slowly dropping. Its hardly noticeable, until you look back

on 2004 prices and compare!

Would be very interested to know what area?

IMHO - London itself is showing some growth still in places

Outside London things are pretty much on there way down in significant pockets of the country

Oh...shock horror. So ONE house sells and suddenly the crash is off. Thanks so much for this brilliant insight. So perceptive, representative and of course entirely an indicator of what's happening everywhere else.

Not....

VP