House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fairyland

MSM analysing Property Crash

The two charts that spell big trouble for Britain's housing market

Nationwide Building Society has provided the latest snapshot of Britain's abruptly slowing housing market, with annual growth now at its lowest in four years.

The building society's economists chose this latest bulletin to touch on a disconcerting trend: the fact that while mortgage rates continue to reduce sharply, the "affordability" of property - as measured by the amount of income borrowers are committing to mortgage repayments - is not improving. In some areas it is deteriorating.

I am not sure if this is already posted. Please delete/merge if required.

Quick, lower the interest rate, extend the term, 100% mortgages, self certified, help to buy, help with ISA deposit, Share ownership.....8x 1st income 4x 2nd income, interest only......Help, Help Help.;)

I registered for this- pretty poor article on the whole and not much to get excited about. They didn't offer much supporting evidence. 

10 hours ago, Fairyland said:

I really hope the game is up. No more HTB type of schemes.   

The game is up this time. No more props.

Hammond chose to not mention housing in the budget immediately after the Government released the white paper proclaiming 'the housing market to be broken'.

His non statement said it all. The free ride is over.

HPI was a Blairite policy (I include Cameron and Osborne as Blairites). 

The Blairites are finished politically (more mass immigration, anyone?) and so is HPI.

My sister and her kids are getting kicked out of their rented house next month as the owners (Baptist church with little sense of christian charity) want to sell. Maybe The Big Man has tipped them off in advance. 

So now my sister is looking to buy with her new boyfriend, and I've told them to try some very cheeky offers. 

3 minutes ago, thisisthisitmaybe said:

HPI was a Blairite policy (I include Cameron and Osborne as Blairites). 

The Blairites are finished politically (more mass immigration, anyone?) and so is HPI.

My sister and her kids are getting kicked out of their rented house next month as the owners (Baptist church with little sense of christian charity) want to sell. Maybe The Big Man has tipped them off in advance. 

So now my sister is looking to buy with her new boyfriend, and I've told them to try some very cheeky offers. 

Don't confuse the church and charity. The only time time the church will get motivated is in raising money for a new church roof or heating.

My local church has many property VIs involved and I'm sure thats a cover for their uncharitable and often anti social behaviour. They receive, don't give the local community anything for free . The church itself was built and paid for by a wealthy trader who made his dosh from alcohol. The church would then preach about the temptations of alcohol, this was pre temperance society .

The local AA now have their meetings in the church hall, which they probably have to rent from the church . Win win

17 minutes ago, chicker said:

Don't confuse the church and charity. The only time time the church will get motivated is in raising money for a new church roof or heating.

A friend of mine trained for the priesthood but left after five years. He said the church and what Christ preached are polar opposites and he got fed up with the hypocrisy.

25 minutes ago, chicker said:

The church itself was built and paid for by a wealthy trader who made his dosh from alcohol. The church would then preach about the temptations of alcohol, this was pre temperance society .

Similarly, where I live the main C of E church is built from stone from Runcorn, meaning it looks totally out of character. Apparently it was because the main benefactor insisted the materials came from his quarry over 200 miles away, meaning he got to make a tidy profit and save his soul at the same time.

It's a fallen world innit.