House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
neuvilla

Rightmove market trends

Does anyone know why the Rightmove market trends tool isn't showing any data beyond December 2016 for sold property, and November 2016 for marketed property? In the small print it says it covers the period from 01 January 1995 to 27 February 2017, so I'd at least expect some January data.

Anyway, is there another tool I can use that is able to show trends in marketed property? I'm sure I've never seen this many new properties advertised in my search area in Cambridge in the last 14 days with so little SSTC (just 1, in fact), but I wanted to check with some data. 

They don't show when volumes are so low, and prices falling. It's just not in their interests. They have a share price to think of. 

they will never be fully up to date and takes a while to resister sales. but when the market is going flat out they normally are much more up to date than currently.

all the signs are there that volumes and prices are falling. Maybe another 2 months before news stories. Another 4 months before sellers get realistic. 

37 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

They don't show when volumes are so low, and prices falling. It's just not in their interests. They have a share price to think of. 

they will never be fully up to date and takes a while to resister sales. but when the market is going flat out they normally are much more up to date than currently.

all the signs are there that volumes and prices are falling. Maybe another 2 months before news stories. Another 4 months before sellers get realistic. 

That's what I suspected.

A bit more info on this here.. sales are updated regularly, inventory is massively inconsistent. I've emailed them already and go a "thanks for bringing it to our attention" response..

If the inventory isn't updated with the next round in the next week or so I'll email again and put to them the idea that they're purposefully withholding data.