House Price Crash Forum

Remember our hero Vince Cable ?  

Who did **** all about the policies Osborne and Carney brough tin ?  Keeping very quiet.

Well, he's predicting another crisis.

http://news.sky.com/story/brexit-sir-vince-cable-warns-of-second-economic-storm-10853755

Talk about stating the bloody obvious

I am about to state my opinion on the man, my opinion, nothing else....WHAT A DICK.

They deserve the slump. Governments need better regulations and public transparency.... maybe Frank Dodd Act should be extended to governments being regulated by the public itself..... Shareholder AGM's

40 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Remember our hero Vince Cable ?  

Who did **** all about the policies Osborne and Carney brough tin ?  Keeping very quiet.

Well, he's predicting another crisis.

http://news.sky.com/story/brexit-sir-vince-cable-warns-of-second-economic-storm-10853755

Talk about stating the bloody obvious

I am about to state my opinion on the man, my opinion, nothing else....WHAT A DICK.

? yeah - top knob.

I hope he doesn't get re-elected.

2 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Q1 2017 GDP growth falls to 0.3 as service sector slumps.

Recession ahoy!

Yes, but in line with the last two Q1 figures so not necessarily a signal of recession in and of itself?

1 hour ago, LC1 said:

Yes, but in line with the last two Q1 figures so not necessarily a signal of recession in and of itself?

As long as the Bank of England halves interest rates and prints £300Bn every August, GDP will be healthy in Q3/Q4 every year!

Huzzah! 

1 hour ago, Futuroid said:

As long as the Bank of England halves interest rates and prints £300Bn every August, GDP will be healthy in Q3/Q4 every year!

Huzzah! 

:D

9 minutes ago, interestrateripoff said:

Amazing how politicians know everything out of office but forget everything in office.

See The Donald for further details about that one... ;)

1 hour ago, BLOW FLY said:

All talk and no action.

He had his chance, he used to talk sense but we all know now it's just hot air with no substance.

BF

Quite

He wrote a brilliant, prescient book about all the problems with the financial and housing markets before the coalition, along with good solutions, then failed to implement any of it once in government.

It quickly became clear that once given a little sniff of power he wanted the full 5 year stint and didn't want to rock the boat or object to any daft policy enough that it might result in an early general election.  It was astounding the way once in power he and his other LIbDem chums rapidly and smoothly slotted right into place with the LabCons for the seamless LibLabCons.

He made his own contribution to yet another 5 years of wasted time in the governance of the UK and with another 5 years wasted in getting to grips with the housing problems and the crazy house prices..

Edited by billybong

3 hours ago, LC1 said:

Without Carney's intervention last August we'd have been in recession already.

Plus, there's no 7-10% hpi this year. Things are very different.

18 hours ago, RentingForever said:

Quite

He wrote a brilliant, prescient book about all the problems with the financial and housing markets before the coalition, along with good solutions, then failed to implement any of it once in government.

I'm not his greatest fan, but he didn't really have any power when he was in government. Osborne pushed through HTB and appointed Mark Carnage. The Lib Dems just tried to temper some of the spending cuts, but when it came to actual policy decisions, they were impotent.

Vince did set up the British Business Bank, but I don't think that has been a major success.