House Price Crash Forum

Friends in high places....

HOLA441

Seriously, you think this is some kind of weird conspiracy?  This is the entirely predictable outcome of right wing neoliberal politics that people keep voting for.  Putting banks in charge has been the stated aim of the right since the seventies.

Thatcher was the best prime minister! If only Reagan was in power! Wait why are bankers taking over the world?

?

Edited by DrBuyToLeech

HOLA442

Take the tin-foil hats off lads

I didn't hear any of this when  Alexis Tsipras became PM of greece at 41 years of age

I find it laughable that some of the posters are Trump fanbois who believed his "drain the swamp" BS and he's filled the White house with Wall Street's finest :lol: and immediately repealed what little regulation Obama enacted 

I suspect the anti-marcon sentiment is he's the only thing standing in the way of your latest wet-dream pin-up girl Jean Marie LePen from wrecking the EU

Edited by knock out johnny

HOLA443
4 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

I find it laughable that some of the posters are Trump fanbois who believed his "drain the swamp" BS and he's filled the White house with Wall Street's finest :lol: and immediately repealed what little regulation Obama enacted 

Swamp-draining Trump pushes ex-AT&T lobbyist to oversee AT&T mega-merger Also worked for Google, Comcast, Qualcomm...

HOLA444
HOLA445
8 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Emmanuel Jean-Michel Frédéric Macron (French: [emanɥɛl makʁɔ̃]; born 21 December 1977) is a French politician, senior civil servant, and former investment banker. Born in Amiens, he studied Philosophy at Paris Nanterre University, completed a Master's of Public Affairs at Sciences Po, and graduated from the École nationale d'administration (ENA) in 2004. He worked as an Inspector of Finances in the Inspectorate General of Finances (IGF) and then became an investment banker at Rothschild & Cie Banque.

And yet the people must vote for him. 

WTF?

HOLA446
35 minutes ago, DrBuyToLeech said:

Seriously, you think this is some kind of weird conspiracy?  This is the entirely predictable outcome of right wing neoliberal politics that people keep voting for.  Putting banks in charge has been the stated aim of the right since the seventies.

Thatcher was the best prime minister! If only Reagan was in power! Wait why are bankers taking over the world?

?

To be fair I did say

"Maybe it's just that they are all so rich now that they have time/money on their hands for such projects...or maybe they are backed by friends in high places.'

im not one for conspiracy theory's but I do think the unregulated bankers ate awash with cash and some will no doubt be using it to fund people to move into high office and reap the benefits of such relationships.

maybe the queen ain't so bad after all.

either way, putting out if touch bankets/bank facing politicians in high office will not serve the British or European people well. Will just get more thievery and debt. 

the finally collapse will be massive and the war that follows, which is possible, a tragedy for us all.

HOLA447
18 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

Take the tin-foil hats off lads

I didn't hear any of this when  Alexis Tsipras became PM of greece at 41 years of age

You mean the chap who sold out his nation despite have the remit to tell the EU bankers to shove their debt up their balance sheet?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

You mean the chap who sold out his nation despite have the remit to tell the EU bankers to shove their debt up their balance sheet?

That's what he may have done, but he's not a banker/rothchicld/lizard

My original point still stands - where was the criticism about his age, which is what this thread is based on

Or are people going to start saying he was "got at"

Edited by knock out johnny

HOLA4411

The banks have always been the puppet masters pulling the strings of governments behind the scenes... now they're not even trying to be discreet about it and are placing their representatives directly into positions of power and cutting out the politician middle man. 

HOLA4412
7 hours ago, knock out johnny said:

That's what he may have done, but he's not a banker/rothchicld/lizard

My original point still stands - where was the criticism about his age, which is what this thread is based on

Or are people going to start saying he was "got at"

My OP didnt mention his age.

Plenty people are tho.

My main point is the British/EU politics is becoming a dangerous game.

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, nome said:

The banks have always been the puppet masters pulling the strings of governments behind the scenes... now they're not even trying to be discreet about it and are placing their representatives directly into positions of power and cutting out the politician middle man. 

Spot on.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

So many non-sequiturs......

Tsipras was leader of his party for six years before he became prime minister. Macron hasn't been elected to anything, EVER.

Tsipras didn't just walk in off the street for a ministerial job and then suddenly say "hey I'm starting this new movement" and have people throwing millions at him.

Yeah, Le Pen is the devil, we've heard it all before........

Importing millions of snackbars is nothing to worry about, it's the middle aged blonde we need to watch. ?

HOLA4416
6 minutes ago, WinstonSmith said:

So many non-sequiturs......

Tsipras was leader of his party for six years before he became prime minister. Macron hasn't been elected to anything, EVER.

Tsipras didn't just walk in off the street for a ministerial job and then suddenly say "hey I'm starting this new movement" and have people throwing millions at him.

Yeah, Le Pen is the devil, we've heard it all before........

Importing millions of snackbars is nothing to worry about, it's the middle aged blonde we need to watch. ?

Yeah, the Tsipras bit was off at a bit of a tangent, I agree.

This move in France is quite unique and as such should be seen with some suspicion.

I'm genuinely surprised, given all the terror attacks in the last 18 months, that the French are going for it.  

The power of advertising and state propaganda is strong.

I think I'll take the TV up the tip at the weekend.

HOLA4417
49 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Yeah, the Tsipras bit was off at a bit of a tangent, I agree.

This move in France is quite unique and as such should be seen with some suspicion.

I'm genuinely surprised, given all the terror attacks in the last 18 months, that the French are going for it.  

The power of advertising and state propaganda is strong.

I think I'll take the TV up the tip at the weekend.

Everything is unique until it happens the first time! Someone started about marcon's age and I countered

Talking of advertising and propoganda - it works both ways :rolleyes:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/04/cambridge-analytics-data-brexit-trump

Google Cambridge Analytica - you're all being played

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Look at the mess.

Maybe I should have put Le Pen in bold. I'm not saying Macron will be especially good, but is reducing the retirement age sensible?

How does a candidate who wants to entrench current problems get to be considered anti-establishment?

HOLA4421
50 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

Everything is unique until it happens the first time! Someone started about marcon's age and I countered

Talking of advertising and propoganda - it works both ways :rolleyes:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/04/cambridge-analytics-data-brexit-trump

Google Cambridge Analytica - you're all being played

Countered ?  We're not in an artillery battle !!!

Sure advertising and propaganda works both ways.

The only trouble being the people in country of the state broadcaster and of the large media outlets have the upper hand ( look at the stats about murdoch has championed the winner of each general election since 1976 ) 

All propaganda is drowned out by the loudest voice.

HOLA4422
7 minutes ago, Muddlehead said:

Maybe I should have put Le Pen in bold. I'm not saying Macron will be especially good, but is reducing the retirement age sensible?

How does a candidate who wants to entrench current problems get to be considered anti-establishment?

The French hardly work, probably wont make any difference.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425