House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crashmonitor

Next Leader of the Opposition nominations

For me Lucy Powell. Purely on looks:wacko:, love the big mouth and buck teeth. Voted 29th sexiest woman MP, for me number one. I have form, I  decided i fancied May a couple of years ago and voted her next PM on this forum........

WNFZ_EYO.jpg

9 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

For me Lucy Powell. Purely on looks:wacko:, love the big mouth and buck teeth. Voted 29th sexiest woman MP, for me number one. I have form, I  decided i fancied May a couple of years ago and voted her next PM on this forum........

WNFZ_EYO.jpg

I'm not sure the sexist MP ranking was particularly good.  http://sexymp.co.uk/index.php?gender=F   

I think Heidi Allen MP Cambs South or Mims Davies are better.

16 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Jeremy Corbyn. That guy is so stubborn the only way he'll quit is when he dies of old age, and even then I'm not sure.

I recon Corbyn will resign assuming he loses, but the momentum group will have totally taken over Labour and will install John McDonnell.

Can't see Corbyn resigning unless it's a really huge loss.

He does, imo, seem to be growing into the job. Read an article of his views on how the country should change. Found myself agreeing with more of his ideas than I thought I would.  

On 23/04/2017 at 0:57 PM, John51 said:

Can't see Corbyn resigning unless it's a really huge loss.

He does, imo, seem to be growing into the job. Read an article of his views on how the country should change. Found myself agreeing with more of his ideas than I thought I would.  

He's the only one who offers even the remotest chance of dealing with housing affordability and speculating.

Hence why he'll never be allowed to win. They'd rig it if necessary.

On 23/04/2017 at 0:41 PM, reddog said:

I recon Corbyn will resign assuming he loses, but the momentum group will have totally taken over Labour and will install John McDonnell.

To be fair, Corbyn could plausably say, hey I have only been leader for 2 years, I need a lot longer to detoxify the Labour brand after Blair and Brown, and then stay on for another election.  After all Kinnock managed about 8 disastrous years.

I remember something about momentum waiting to change labours constitution, so it wasn't only up to MPs to decide on who the candidates would be.  Did anything happen with this?  Maybe Corbyn will need to hang on until a rule change guaranteeing a momentum friendly candidate being nut forward.

I really want an effective opposition to hold any government to account.

However, for the UK my prediction based on demographic trends is now for the Tories to be in power for 30 years, interrupted by odd coalitions of greens, labour, libdem, islamic, and pro EU parties.

What a feck up we have left our children.

3 hours ago, wherebee said:

for the UK my prediction based on demographic trends is now for the Tories to be in power for 30 years, interrupted by odd coalitions of greens, labour, libdem, islamic, and pro EU parties.

I predict that Labour will be in power for the next 250 years, occasionally interrupted by the Tories, LibDems, transhuman cyborgs, hyperintelligent genetically modified dolphins, UKIP etc

1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

I predict that Labour will be in power for the next 250 years, occasionally interrupted by the Tories, LibDems, transhuman cyborgs, hyperintelligent genetically modified dolphins, UKIP etc

you've convinced me...