House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazychick

One Eas Website

think this is a sign of a crash or what?

Looks like a sure sign. No chain can mean: BTLs bailing out, seller emigrating, seller going STR, seller moving in with someone else. Whatever it is they are not buying another property right away! :lol:

Looks like a sure sign. No chain can mean: BTLs bailing out, seller emigrating, seller going STR, seller moving in with someone else. Whatever it is they are not buying another property right away! :lol:

You missed seller has already bought a new house and moved (soon to be forced seller) or seller moved in with new partner.

The one on the way to school (18 months now I think - on second agent, third sign) has had its small front wall broken today. This is a no chain property - suspect no one is actually staying there but could be wrong.

I personally reckon that a lot of people are trying to bail out before the crash - 42 out of 120 is a very high number of empty houses to have no chain - I've never seen this level before - ever!

You missed seller has already bought a new house and moved (soon to be forced seller) or seller moved in with new partner.

Yep...loads of them in my area BUT I am also now seeing what looks like BTL selling up...not 2bed newbuilds but older property. Maybe the older BTL (I'm in it for the long term!!) are thinking this is the last HPI they will see before they retire and are cashing in now.

Also seeing rents falling. In my area houses usually go for £600. I consider £500 a month to be the critical point. Now seeing more and more hitting the £500 per month mark. Have also now seen one that is saying it will consider DHSS.

Also seeing lots and lots of large 5/6 bed detached houses suddenly flooding the market.

Also seeing a few houses that you would think would be ideal flippers/BTL. 2 bed terrace near good transport links requiring modernisation and at a good price. BUT they are not selling !!! What happened to all the property developers. Why are these bargains sitting on the EA's books month after month?

Does this sound like a HPC is coming?

What do yo think of this type of market?

Is this the one?

Select the Wallasey Branch

Whitegates

Edit: Both Branches are showing no chain properties

D`ya know the guy (Phil) who has the franchise for the Wallasey branch is one of the nicest guys you could meet. He sold a house for me 2 years ago in Wallasey, one view one sale...top bloke. ;)