House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuyingBear

Local Property Rag - 3rd Week

Ok, third week in a row and there's always something new.

Much like the Estate Agents within it; the paper is growing ever thicker as the weeks go by, as does the number of "reduced", "new" and public notices for repossessions, not to mention the auctions and adverts for "Bulgarian Villas and Flats - Investors Exhibition" at the somewhat oddly named Village Hotel which seems to be Junction 10 of the M6, some village I imagine.

As the market is obviously so buoyant and rosy, according to the editorial at least, it's a suprise to find the following full page advert slap bang in the middle of the property section, all signs of a healthy market or our piggy friends at play!

Edited by BuyingBear

According to Nationwide the West Midlands sustained a 5.4% drop in 2005. More like 12% IMHO.

Went to Stratford-upon-Avon today and the shops were almost empty. EAs had employees chatting on phones to look busy but no one inside. Then came a glorious vision that made me tremble with excitement: a closed EA shop (Waller's).

According to Nationwide the West Midlands sustained a 5.4% drop in 2005. More like 12% IMHO.

Went to Stratford-upon-Avon today and the shops were almost empty. EAs had employees chatting on phones to look busy but no one inside. Then came a glorious vision that made me tremble with excitement: a closed EA shop (Waller's).

I would say it's ripe for fall, new build flats have gone from £140k to £120k in the matter of months, nearly a 15% correction for that canary in a coal mine.

Looking at the market in Worthing and Brighton I always find it hard to see how they justify some of the prices in the Midlands, maybe each property sports a gold mine in the garden or there's a hidden coastline and sandy beaches, maybe it's closer to London than I thought and everyone actually earns £40k pa?

Who knows.