House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
happy_renting

Where are they

15 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

Certain regular posters have gone AWOL the past few weeks. Are they just on holiday or has there been a purge?

Not on holiday. Alive and well posting elsewhere. 

17 minutes ago, SarahBell said:

Not on holiday. Alive and well posting elsewhere. 

Strange, that, I am too. Though I will be on holiday a week from today. :lol:

43 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

Certain regular posters have gone AWOL the past few weeks. Are they just on holiday or has there been a purge?

Not a purge. A number of people decided to stop posting here. Some (like myself) still sometimes contribute here, but far less frequently. There's been no outright bans AFAIK.

The Moderators had no problem with someone setting up an alternative off topic site.  I belong to many forums and I have no doubt others do too.  

We facilitated it in the beginning until it looked like the new off topic site was going to be a rival forum for property related interests too.  We do not have enough time to police the off topic on HPC which can be very intolerant of others and often violent towards them.  We could have asked Fubra to remove the off topic altogether but decided to keep it but in a more restricted way sticking to the forum rules about violence/ intolerance of others/ regarding race and religion.

We had to put up a notice when it became obvious that some members of the other forum were using our systems to poach our members by stealth.  It does not take an internet genius to work out where they had gone and how to get there.  Some posters here were moderated for poaching and stealth advertising the other site.

No members have been banned for using other sites - and in fact there has been no need to police off topic on here to the same degree now that those responsible have moved on.

I believe we are not allowed to mention where they have gone (!?) and so it will get the post deleted, but if you know who they are, google will know where they have gone: surely saying this can't be against forum rules, or are we now living in Turkey?

Must say off topic very quiet lately......Free country, but I would not have said off topic was ever nasty, bullying or cruel.....did I miss something? not like me has to be said...... They'll be back.;)

4 hours ago, The Moderators said:

- and in fact there has been no need to police off topic on here to the same degree now that those responsible have moved on.

,,.and you deleted the controversial threads.