House Price Crash Forum

Is T T R T R Having Second Thoughts?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I actually think he has been much better the last couple of months.

He has the odd gloat and boast now and again, which is distasteful, but he is not as high and mighty as he was a few months ago, where every other post he would try and give it all the "I am better than you", landlord cack.

He also, is the bull who although often ducks away when put on the spot, comes up with a reasonably consistent bull argument, which I personally think is important to give some balance.

He also takes a fair amount of stick, some of which in my opinion gets too personal.

We will get our crash, that is a certainty, the variable is the timescale.

Perhaps he is changing attitude as he is reaslising the end run of a bull market. Even the piggies are pretty realistic when you read some of the threads over there now.

Edited by BubbleTurbo

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

When I'm having second thoughts, you'll know.

I'll be posting from New Zealand where I can walk away CGT free....... :D

I reckon the 2012 Olympics is a good focal point at this stage.

quality...

2012.. its going to save the housing market in Devon.. :)

and CGT gains free.. I can tell you how you are going to avoid that..

mate, seriously.. joking aside..read and answer this..

There is only one trick in a speculative market, and that is not to be the last one still speculating,

The other trick would be to find a speculative market that has not failed, this is of course impossible as they all have.

So there is still the one trick.

do you know any others?

If you do find me:

someone who has worked with investments for a long time who is still investing in houses.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest Bart of Darkness

When the last bull turns bear.... no wait

When the last bear turns bull... nahh that's not it

When the last bear s h i t s in the wood?

When the last bull leaves a china shop?

Or something like that.

Economics sure is hard!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Why not ask TTRTR ?

Its all a bit playground isnt it "lets all gang up on ttrtr"

I really dont get this stuff about slating him in sigs as well - I think theres a fair bit of jealousy there.

I am always puzzled when people explain things away with "jealousy".

I honestly cannot think the last time I felt jealous about anything or anyone. I count myself lucky for what I have and am genuinely happy for the opportunities others enjoy.

Are you a very jealous person? Is that why you think that jealousy is at play?

TTRTR is a big enough and ugly enough to look after himself which he has proved many times before. Despite generally going against the grain of HPC, he is generally a respected bull. That's not gonna stop people giving him a bit of a ribbing, which adds a great deal to this forum.

TTRTR makes a few wind up posts as well which are very welcome. The place would be a lot more boring without him, and I hardly ever agree with him.

NDL

HOLA4413

Why not ask TTRTR ?

Its all a bit playground isnt it "lets all gang up on ttrtr"

I really dont get this stuff about slating him in sigs as well - I think theres a fair bit of jealousy there.

Yeah but he's like the little kid in the playground who gets picked on because he's small and doesn't have a lot of friends, but thumps back so hard and fights so tail and feathers that he wins by exhausting his opponent!

HOLA4414

I am always puzzled when people explain things away with "jealousy".

I honestly cannot think the last time I felt jealous about anything or anyone. I count myself lucky for what I have and am genuinely happy for the opportunities others enjoy.

Are you a very jealous person? Is that why you think that jealousy is at play?

NDL

No I don't think so, maybe jealousy is the wrong word - but you'd need to be Stevie Wonder not to see that much the crap spewed on this forum about landlords being immoral boils down to the fact that people are envious of those that bought at the right time and are gutted at not having the same chance. Its only natural.

I believe a recent poll showed many here would jump at the chance to become a landlord given half a chance.

and wtf is all this about?

TTRTR's portfolio is alleged to be £3.75 mill, comprising 4 or 8 houses in SW11 or Balham or Clapham depending on which of his tedious posts you read by mistake. If there is ANY truth in his feeble ramblings, his DEBT is £2.25 million. This means that every 0.5% rise in interest rates costs him £11,000 a year more in payments. A return to 'normal' long term rates of 8% will cost him £70,000 per year extra. And guess what? He's trying to expand his 'portfolio'!!! hahahahahahahaha

Reads to me 'ttrtr has over a million quid hahahahahaah' to attach that to a sig is certainly trying to prove something - though I'm not sure what exactly. To repeatedly slate someone is to attempt to belittle them - though I fear this one may be backfiring.

Edited by Flick

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

No I don't think so, maybe jealousy is the wrong word - but you'd need to be Stevie Wonder not to see that much the crap spewed on this forum about landlords being immoral boils down to the fact that people are envious of those that bought at the right time and are gutted at not having the same chance. Its only natural.

I believe a recent poll showed many here would jump at the chance to become a landlord given half a chance.

and wtf is all this about?

TTRTR's portfolio is alleged to be £3.75 mill, comprising 4 or 8 houses in SW11 or Balham or Clapham depending on which of his tedious posts you read by mistake. If there is ANY truth in his feeble ramblings, his DEBT is £2.25 million. This means that every 0.5% rise in interest rates costs him £11,000 a year more in payments. A return to 'normal' long term rates of 8% will cost him £70,000 per year extra. And guess what? He's trying to expand his 'portfolio'!!! hahahahahahahaha

Reads to me 'ttrtr has over a million quid hahahahahaah' to attach that to a sig is certainly trying to prove something - though I'm not sure what exactly. To repeatedly slate someone is to attempt to belittle them - though I fear this one may be backfiring.

As far as my sig is concerned, I don't think it is offensive in any way. I constructed it from various disparate comments he has made, and he confirmed that it was fairly accurate (although he disagrees with the accepted accounting principle of depreciating assets, or revaluing them on the balance sheet when their value falls).

My intention is purely to show anyone posting on HPC what a real property portfolio consists of, and in particular what TTRTR's looks like. It demystifies the situation, which I feel is important when he makes generally unsubstantiated claims on a daily basis about his wealth and success.

I don't wish him any ill - my advice to him is to get out while he can. He would leave with a substantial amount of cash, enough to set him up for life. As things stand, he risks impoverishment in my opinion.