House Price Crash Forum

In a fake news world who do you believe?

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39588876

Assad claims it was all faked.

Trump makes allegations repeatedly about fake news. 

Whilst this thread is not specifically about Syria, who should one believe in a world full of fake news. The world seems awash with it and you have no idea what the truth is! Although is that the aim to keep everyone divided. Its as if the conspiracy nut jobs are now running the news channels. 

HOLA442

Just keep a cool head and use your common sense. (If you have one!)

Edit it to say: I've noticed that the BBC are joining the fake news brigade on Facebook with some anti-Trump propaganda. Is this in their remit?  Is the government pulling their strings?

HOLA443
HOLA444

We are living in a web of lies, especially when it comes to politics and current events we are almost never told the truth by the MSM.

“In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” George Orwell (allegedly)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
10 hours ago, Bossybabe said:

Edit it to say: I've noticed that the BBC are joining the fake news brigade on Facebook with some anti-Trump propaganda. Is this in their remit?  Is the government pulling their strings?

Joining, you say? They've been banging the same drum about "fake news" since before the US election last year.  The BBC have been worried about the rise of alternative media for at least the last 12 months - certainly since Brexit onwards.  Pre-Brexit, the BBC thought everyone got their worldview from the MSM.  Then Brexit happened and they finally woke up to reality.  Since then they've been on a "fake news" campaign to ridicule any point of view NOT from the left-wing mainstream media. 

HOLA4410
5 hours ago, reddog said:

How can it be that the MSM say Trump promotes fake news.

Then Trump says the chemical attack was carried out by Assad.

Then the MSN agrees with Trump.

Someone here is spreading fake news!

Trump finally got programmed.  It took a few months, but he's now firmly on-message.  You can tell he's on-message because the MSM don't complain when he flirts with starting World War 3.  Heaven forbid he tries to make peace with Russia.

HOLA4411
4 hours ago, developer said:

Assad is right it's fake, false flag. Just think about it logically what good does it do Assad to launch attacks on his people? Knowing full well it's a good excuse for the US to attack Syria.

Problem ("gas attack"), reaction ("this is cruel!"), solution (US bombs Assad's side). 

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, canbuywontbuy said:

Trump finally got programmed.  It took a few months, but he's now firmly on-message.  You can tell he's on-message because the MSM don't complain when he flirts with starting World War 3.  Heaven forbid he tries to make peace with Russia.

They were exactly my thoughts when I saw the news.  I'm not a believer in any conspiracy per se so don't believe necessarily that as soon as one becomes president you are taken to a dark room and told whose boss.  

All the same surely a big uturn from non interventionist to now.  The man certainly has learnt something in the intervening months.  

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, Dogtanian said:

They were exactly my thoughts when I saw the news.  I'm not a believer in any conspiracy per se so don't believe necessarily that as soon as one becomes president you are taken to a dark room and told whose boss.  

All the same surely a big uturn from non interventionist to now.  The man certainly has learnt something in the intervening months.  

And where are the SJWs regarding Syria???? They go crazy when there's a flight ban for <0.1% of travellers to the US, but Trump potentially starting World War 3? No probs. 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

^funny. The lesson, never risk more than you can afford to lose. And only go into a 50/50 bet if the risk is small. The risk was big as it was an unrecoverable loss (he died!). And reading the comments, he probably was already poisoned when he inhaled the sample.

HOLA4417
4 hours ago, Dogtanian said:

Or, just possibly, he really has no thought out consistent opinions and is just an idiot making shit up as he goes along. 

HOLA4418
46 minutes ago, 200p said:

^funny. The lesson, never risk more than you can afford to lose. And only go into a 50/50 bet if the risk is small. The risk was big as it was an unrecoverable loss (he died!). And reading the comments, he probably was already poisoned when he inhaled the sample.

If the video had continued playing for 2 more minutes you would have heard him explain to the princess he had built up an immunity to iocane powder through gradual exposure over a long period of time.

From the comments section :P

HOLA4419
5 hours ago, hotairmail said:

That is the big flag for me. Motive. Who does such an attack benefit? Is Assad so desperate to undertake this? Are his troops so vengeful and out of control they would perpetrate this without his knowledge? Or are others more desperate and want to pull the US and European forces in?

Let's face it, none of us know enough for a definitive answer. Does my 'own' media/government deserve unswerving trust and loyalty - I'm afraid that was lost a long time ago.

The lies often by ommission, (of exactly why millions of refugees have been washing up on our shores from Afghanistan, Iraq, Syriia and Libya as we get rid of the secular 'hard men' who kept their countries in check, as we leave power vacuums in their wake allowing sadists following a primitive creed to take the reins) -  deserves at the very least a heavy dose of cynicism on our part.

Included in that is the possibility that some part of the Syrian armed forces did it to help to overthrow Assad - but Assad says they got rid of that sort of weapon in 2013.  Maybe a rogue section set some aside in secret.  

The possibilities are infinite and endless including some force from a so far unnamed country (outside of the usual list of culprits) from the several around Syria entering Syria and doing it.  Taking advantage of the general chaos.  Then there's the possibility that the whole thing is made up and just fake.

Unless they allow a credible investigation it could be any of an infinite number of possibilities and without an investigation it just allows them all to just make up any old story they like all in self interest.

HOLA4420

Another explanation for Trump's apparent change is that he was just another glib liar before the election and never had any intention of doing the stuff he said but against that is the fact that the sudden U-turns are so dramatic and regular these days that it does seem most likely that there's something else going on behind the scenes in many countries after politicians get into power or even just get a sniff of power to explain the sudden and dramatic changes and turnarounds.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Trust no one but just apply simple logic to each story

For example the next time someone tells you country A or leader B is a menace to world peace just count up which countries have invaded, bombed or fired missiles at other sovereign nations in the last 20 years. 

Most news is not completely fake it is simply packaged in such a way that key elements are omitted or facts spun in such way so that only one of many possible interpretations is presented. Propaganda is not exactly a new phenomenon nor is the media, politicians or civil servants lying to people. It has been going on for centuries. What is new is that there are far more critical eyes watching what is happening and ready to point out discrepancies. What the authorities regard as 'fake news' is simply unauthorised versions of events which they don't want in the public eye.

I would also add that a lot of the stories presented to the public by the media on issues such as health, diet etc along the lines of a 'report published today states' is simply not news at all. A classic example is things like  school exam results for O or A levels which occur every calendar year yet are trumpted as 'news' when in fact they are no more worthy of that title than daffodils blooming in Spring.

With regard to the likes of Assad and Kim Jong-Un the West wants to depose them not because they are despotic little sh*ts who exploit and abuse their peoples but because they won't play our game. If they went in to bat for our team I doubt a finger would be lifted against them. Certainly the Saudis, UAE seem to have no problems in that regard despite the brutal way they crush opposition at home or because of the way they regularly indiscriminately target civilians in the Yemen. Of course, the North Koreans have committed the ultimate crime in the eyes of our governments in that they not only have the wrong regime but they also are completely resistant to globalisation, something they were doing long before the current dynasty came to power. Clearly for that crime they can expect no other fate than to be wiped off the face of the planet.

HOLA4423
On 14/04/2017 at 5:30 AM, canbuywontbuy said:

Problem ("gas attack"), reaction ("this is cruel!"), solution (US bombs Assad's side). 

It's not 'problem, reaction, solution ' any longer. That disappeared with 9/11. The reaction to supposed wmd's in Iraq was a march against war. Just ignored. So now you're left with 'problem, solution'. The only reaction you'll see reported is from useful idiot politicians whose only talent appears to be be how much faeces they can swallow.

pretty soon it will just be solution.

HOLA4424
48 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

It's not 'problem, reaction, solution ' any longer. That disappeared with 9/11. The reaction to supposed wmd's in Iraq was a march against war. Just ignored. So now you're left with 'problem, solution'. The only reaction you'll see reported is from useful idiot politicians whose only talent appears to be be how much faeces they can swallow.

pretty soon it will just be solution.

As in Final Solution for many in North Korea and elsewhere I fear.

I can't see any end to the war mongering until we have a lot more dead people.

HOLA4425
43 minutes ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

As in Final Solution for many in North Korea and elsewhere I fear.

I can't see any end to the war mongering until we have a lot more dead people.

Sadly i agree.

I had a 'friend' mock me the other night because I watch  a fair amount of RT. 'State propaganda' he called it without a hint of irony that the BBC is just that. I pointed out that RT was more likely to have serious journalist like John Pilger on as guests.

You can never trust any source 100%, you can only weight them on previous performances. The BBC has become an embarrassment to the UK.

Archived